"New" Loveless Knives

It appears that someone is still building "Loveless" knives and appears to be using the old Loveless web site and more importantly, the Loveless marks. When Jimmy Lile died his widow continued the Lile company and sold Lile knives for awhile but marked them Lile but with a dot above the name to differentiate them from the original Jimmy Lile knives. Of course, the "dot Lile" knives are not as near collectible as the original knives. Therein lies my question: How will these new "Loveless" knives be differentiated from the authentic Loveless knives and how will it effect the Loveless collector market.

D

It appears that someone is still building "Loveless" knives and appears to be using the old Loveless web site and more importantly, the Loveless marks. When Jimmy Lile died his widow continued the Lile company and sold Lile knives for awhile but marked them Lile but with a dot above the name to differentiate them from the original Jimmy Lile knives. Of course, the "dot Lile" knives are not as near collectible as the original knives. Therein lies my question: How will these new "Loveless" knives be differentiated from the authentic Loveless knives and how will it effect the Loveless collector market.

D
My understanding is that there are no markings to indicate new versus old Loveless knives. Hence, as I said in the other thread, unless someone can provide a receipt dated before Loveless died, I am not interested in them.

My understanding is that there are no markings to indicate new versus old Loveless knives. Hence, as I said in the other thread, unless someone can provide a receipt dated before Loveless died, I am not interested in them.

I'v read that Loveless stopped making all the knives with his mark on it years before he died.

Back