New Member, New Obsession. The Kershaw Blur

Hello all, I was born and raised in Commu-Parasistic NYS, in Syracuse to be exact. It was a great state to live in, the rules were terrible though. I have since escaped to the land of wonder, otherwise known as Colorado! Since moving here, that regime of gun-grabbing antics has followed me. It is quite a sad ordeal. Also, I have a verizon.net email and could not register, so I used the gmail account (which IMO would be easier to be a fake one)

Regardless, I have always been a fan of blades and always thought about collecting, along with firearms. I just didn't know what to collect...

I have owned a Gerber Fast-Draw, SOG Flash II, and now on my THIRD Kershaw Blur 1670BLK. My latest version in "Black" is Black Blade-Black Handle and in 440a Steel. I lost 2 of the same knife before now and do not recall the steel type. All 3 knives ran me between $60-80 at Sportsman Shows in the past. The 1670BLK is on the second trip back to Oregon for some TLC and a sharpening. All 3 models were with the circular-serrations and curve-blade. I love it, even though I almost lost a finger with it.

My newest addition is the 1670RDBLKST in 14c28n (Does ST = 14c?) The lady has a beautiful 1670SPPR in CPM154 on the way, she has fallen in love with the Blur's lately and especially after my recent purchase in Red. She owns a Kershaw Bump in Grey-Black with Silver Blade, which is headed to Oregon with my 1670BLK for sharpening and TLC, her blade developed a bit of corrosion...quite rare for that steel.

Below is a photo of our daily-use knives in existence today, that bottom blade (Gerber Fast-Draw) was my first pocket knife and what started it all, it is insanely dull though.

Our new quest is to collect the rarities and versions of the Blur that we are drawn to. The #1 on our list, and which appears to be the "Grail of Blur's" is item # 1670PRBLK (The Purple with Black-Trac inserts. How would obtaining this blade be possible, and is there a production number for it? I have used the "search" bar and found #'s for other blades, such as the Brown-Blur S30v, which I would love to get!

Well, thanks for checking in all, and I will update when I get new ones and provide you all with URL's to them if there's more than 1! :thumbup:

1102683_10151647091276716_1934223277_o.jpg

I realize it is a sickness, and how competitive and rare some blades may be. One thing, are there individuals out there replicating them in a way to screw up the market? (Counterfeits) I see random rare batches named 1670RDBLK have come out in the sought after PURPLE but, with an older steel type and silvr blade. How did these things come to be and are they as sought after as the true 1670PRBLK?

I realize it is a sickness, and how competitive and rare some blades may be. One thing, are there individuals out there replicating them in a way to screw up the market? (Counterfeits) I see random rare batches named 1670RDBLK have come out in the sought after PURPLE but, with an older steel type and silver blade. How did these things come to be and are they as sought after as the true 1670PRBLK?

No there are not a ton of blur counterfeits. Stick to buying from reputable dealers and you won't have to worry about it! There are a ton of colors and to be honest with you I'd just take a look over in the "show me your blur" thread to see many variations.Also there is a blur sticky at the top of the forum with info you might be looking for. The red black serrated is a new for this year blur. It has nothing to do with the purple which were made way back in 2003. Supposedly 600 made, I only know of about 6 period. Very, Very, Very hard to find and if you do expect big boy $.

As for the other blurs you lost, most likely 440A. Your new red is 14c28n. The grey and black speed bump with unobtanium inserts (rubberish) should be 13c26n and with the bead blast if not taken care of can and will rust as you stated. ST= serrated, blk= black, GB = glass breaker etc... Typically if its not the regular steel it will be printed on the blade or in the model number I.E. s30V, cpm154, S60V, ZDP etc...

Anyway welcome to the Kershaw/ ZT Subforum. Don't forget to read the stickies and rules at the top.

No there are not a ton of blur counterfeits. Stick to buying from reputable dealers and you won't have to worry about it! There are a ton of colors and to be honest with you I'd just take a look over in the "show me your blur" thread to see many variations.Also there is a blur sticky at the top of the forum with info you might be looking for. The red black serrated is a new for this year blur. It has nothing to do with the purple which were made way back in 2003. Supposedly 600 made, I only know of about 6 period. Very, Very, Very hard to find and if you do expect big boy $.

As for the other blurs you lost, most likely 440A. Your new red is 14c28n. The grey and black speed bump with unobtanium inserts (rubberish) should be 13c26n and with the bead blast if not taken care of can and will rust as you stated. ST= serrated, blk= black, GB = glass breaker etc... Typically if its not the regular steel it will be printed on the blade or in the model number I.E. s30V, cpm154, S60V, ZDP etc...

Anyway welcome to the Kershaw/ ZT Subforum. Don't forget to read the stickies and rules at the top.
You mean 14C28N and 13C26N? ;)

What is the difference between the 2, except capitals vs lowercase? KnottyEagle*

Thanks for the welcomes and info so far fellas! I just wanted to add in that, with all the gun forums I am on, this first post in the BladeForum has gotten the most replies in the shortest amount of time. Thanks again, and I look forward to much research!

Sounds like the Brown S30V and Purple with Trac-Inserts are the hardest to get?

As per, the eBay Sale of the 1670PRBLK at $750... Dubya' Tee Eff?

Last edited:
Oh, I understand the steel differences, it just looked like you corrected the one guy with Capitals vs. lowercase. Thanks for the good info sites though!

As for my next Blur purchases... Kershaw Red Carbon Fiber Blur 1670CFRD Snap On Plain Edge Knife Knives BLEMS Did all of that model come Blem? Shows in the Blur list 750 were made, is $84 a good price right now?

Kershaw 1670SPPR Purple Blur Limited Edition Only 550 The CPM-154 is a higher rarity than the 14c Tanto Serrated Purple? $89.95 right now

Last edited:
Oh, I understand the steel differences, it just looked like you corrected the one guy with Capitals vs. lowercase. Thanks for the good info sites though!

As for my next Blur purchase... Kershaw Red Carbon Fiber Blur 1670CFRD Snap On Plain Edge Knife Knives BLEMS Did all of that model come Blem? Shows in the Blur list 750 were made, is $84 a good price right now?
That's because he doesn't know what he's talking about :D. Any new element in an electron configuration is supposed to be capital (Example: 8Cr13MoV = 8Chromium13MolybdenumVanadium).

I had a feeling it was going to be related back to the proper typing of elements, I figured we'd use lowers for ease of reading. I will forever use proper capitals for now on! :)

I had a feeling it was going to be related back to the proper typing of elements, I figured we'd use lowers for ease of reading. I will forever use proper capitals for now on! :)
It's no big deal really, just something that I learned last year in Chemistry and wanted to point out :cool:.

Good pointer! Any words of wisdom on those 2 collectibles?

As for my next Blur purchases... Kershaw Red Carbon Fiber Blur 1670CFRD Snap On Plain Edge Knife Knives BLEMS Did all of that model come Blem? Shows in the Blur list 750 were made, is $84 a good price right now?

Kershaw 1670SPPR Purple Blur Limited Edition Only 550 The CPM-154 is a higher rarity than the 14c Tanto Serrated Purple? $89.95 right now
Assuming you're referring to these two in this post, no, the 1670CFRD didn't all come in just blems. They're are some non-blem models around, but they're harder to find. Sorry, only Gold Members and above can ask the value of knives. It's a forum rule :eek:.

I am not sure about the second question. I love Blurs, but I'm not really the right person to ask about rarity. Maybe one of the Blur collectors will chime in (OvalmanPA, OregonKnifeNerd, jimw451, etc.)

New Blur nut huh? Welcome and be sure to wear your big boy pants :D We rib hard and buy fast. I'm on a bit of a hiatus with Blurs at the moment, but I won't turn away a deal if I see one, ya heard? ;)

It seems that the newbies have quite a bit of luck with the rarities when they first start out and yes, it is due diligence that paid off for them, but the vets are always confounded at how they do it. Put in work and it will pay off. Put in gobs of money and you'll get a rarity collection pretty quickly.

Chin up, duck and weave, show me your war face! Good luck out there :cool:

Blems are a good way to get into some of the tougher ones to find until you can replace them down the road. Some of the rarer models bring pretty good money even for blems though.

Back