new message folder...

Hi Spark,
The little pinkish folder that marks threads that have new replies doesn't show up anymore. Has this feature been taken out?

-Greg

No, this feature has not been taken out. The pink folders display when there are new messages that you haven't read before. The software determines this by reading the cookie off your computer.

If you have your cookies disabled, then the folders will not show up. If you delete your BladeForums.com cookies, then you will not see the folders the first time you come to BladeForums.com.

Hope this helps!

Spark

Spark, I've always had my browser (Netscape 4.07) set to accept all cookies. Anything else I can check?

-Greg

Have you tried leaving this site and then returning to it after you have visited another site?

Spark

Yes, done that, too. I used to be able to see the different colored folders, even from home. What's weird is that my setup at home hasn't changed. When Bladeforums.com first went online, I could still see the pinkish folders, but not anymore either from work or at home. I upgraded my browser here at work to the latest version but kept my home one the same. Same effect though. BTW, if it's any help, the yellow lightbulbs show up, but not the pink folders.

[This message has been edited by grnamin (edited 10-22-98).]

Hmmmm, weird.

I'll do some testing to see if I can duplicate what's going on.

Spark

Spark,
If the "no new message(s)" folder icon is closed.gif, is the "new message(s)" icon closedb.gif? If so, the closedb.gif isn't loading. Even with new messages in a folder, closed.gif still displays. Could it be that Netscape 4.07 reads the icons as one and the same because their names are very similar? Nope, scratch that hypothesis. Ok, I'll admit that I lurk in the 'other' forum as well. The pinkish folder shows up there, though, with the same names-->closed.gif and closedb.gif. Hmmmmm.

[This message has been edited by grnamin (edited 10-22-98).]

Back