New Ontario Knives for 2023

Dan Maragni

Here is a listing of the new knives from Ontario for 2023:

1. SPL Dive Knife- a chisel pointed dive knife with a Magnacut steel blade.
2. SPL Pack Knife- a drop point point blade made of Magnacut steel.
3. Besra FXD- a fixed bladed version of the Besra folder with a 1075 steel blade.
4. Bushcraft Seax- based on the Anglo-Saxon seax with a 420 stainless steel blade.
5. Camp Plus EDC'S- lock back, clip point bladed folders made from 420 stainless steel.
6. CF100- frame lock folder with a spearpoint blade made of 14C28N steel.
7. Epoch- frame lock folder with a cut off pen blade shape made of D-2 steel.
8. OKC Stealth- fixed bladed tactical knife with a blade made of S35VN steel.
9. RAT-1 RED- a liner lock folder with a blade drop point blade made of S35VN steel.

Pictures and additional information can be found at the Ontario website home page in the "Popular Products" heading and click on the "Coming Soon" tab.

Those Camp Plus EDC's are looking sharp + they are legal to carry in Germany:) Looking forward to get one

I love the RAT-1 upgraded steel and G10 handles. I don't like the red color aesthetically, but it does make sense practically.

Last season while deer hunting I lost my OD Green RAT-1. I went back to the same place I was at this spring when turkey hunting and looked all over but never found it. Fortunately I had a spare RAT-1 at home , so I never missed a beat after losing it, but if I would have had a brightly colored handle maybe I would have found it or at least noticed it laying on the ground when I originally lost it.

Still, I prefer the subdued blades and OD Green handles. I will wait and hope that Ontario releases a run of the S35VN steel RAT-1 with OD Green G10 handles. A black DLC coating on the blade would be awesome too.

Jeff Randall sure hit a homerun designing the RAT line of folding knives. I didn't know Ontario was bought by GSM until today. That is sad and disheartening, as it was to see Cold Steel sell out to them as well. Hopefully they have good intentions but I'm rather pessimistic when it comes to big companies gobbling up smaller companies. Things rarely, if ever, get better. But only time will tell.

Anyway, I've always been a fan of Ontario knives. I have a 498 Marine, an 18" Backwoods Chopper, a Heavy machete, a pilots survival knife and a lot of RAT 1 and RAT 2 folders. And I've given away many Ontario knives to friends and family for completing boot camp and other military schools and achievements.

I doubt Blue Ridge Knives will release them unless they are all made overseas.
Magnacut, S35Vn probably not, at a guess.

Sorry, I read that in another post in this sub-forum. I guess they were bought by Blue Ridge Knives.

Hopefully they will maintain quality, uphold warranties and continue to produce quality American made knives.

Last edited:
Back