New Pattern-Broad Leaf Skinner

I've been wanting to play around with a new skinner pattern so here it is. I like the wide blade, it adds a bit more versatility for camp use. This skinner has a 5" hand-rubbed, distal tapered blade of 5160 spring steel, with a total length of 9 1/8". The handle is fronted with stabilized Giraffe bone, backed with Desert Ironwood and has a turquoise spacer between. The four pins, handle bolts and lanyard are stainless steel. The taped tang also has black liners. This knife comes with a tooled leather blade sheath with a "bald eagle" carving by Tess, of course. Hope you like it.

J and Tess,

Fantastic work. It's pretty tough to create a good looking skinning blade. You've hit it with this one. I see you are enjoying the desert ironwood, pretty good stuff.

Dan

Thanks Dan, yep I love ironwood and the giraffe bone. I told Celia Van Wyck(African Supply) the reason I've started doing more full tang knives was just so I could use her giraffe bone. :D

You gonna be at Koval next month Dan? I hope to see some of your new stuff there.

Looks great, I realy like this one-the shape of the blade and handle and the combination of the handle is great! Hard to beat giraffe bone and iron wood

J and Tess, all I could do at this point is be redundant so just let me say that I like it too, along with all the choices of material. Having just returned from Arizona I'm again in major turquoise awareness. :D

J, I'd like to find your source for girrafe bone, would you forward info at your convenience?

Celia Van Wyck
Africa Supplies
8 Emerson St.
Norwalk, CT 06855
203-956-9289
africasupplies@yahoo.com

I get all my giraffe bone, warthog ivory, pink/black ivory wood and exotic horns from her. She's a real nice lady and the materials are first class.

Absolutely beautiful! I love the blade shape. Can't wait to see your knives in person at the Chesapeake show.
Scott

Looks really good J. very nicely done. And 2 thumbs up for the sheath also. Very nice. :cool:

Bill

J.
That is fantastic...it sorta has a nesmuk skinner flavor to it....but you have made it your own....and I absolutel love the carving on the sheath...Geeze, Tess is getting so good...I figure if I keep telling her how good she is she will make me some more of her FAMOUS Zucchini Bread.... :) ;) ;) :)

Back