New Petty design and parer

BenR.T.

Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I just finished these up this week. The Petty is a new design for me, I gave it a higher handle for more knuckle clearance than my normal 5" utility chef. It has a nice distal taper and tapered tang. The handle is stabilized Sheoak rays with my copper/carbon fiber pins. The choil area on both of these is rounded and polished for a comfortable grip.

The second knife is a parer. I gave this one a hand rubbed finish, it also has tapered tang and is very thinly ground with a distal taper coming to fine point. The handle is stabilized spalted oak burl. It is really one of the coolest piece of wood I have ever used. The blade on this one is 3.5".
Both of them are 14c28n stainless. I am really liking using this steel. It gets very hard, takes a keen edge and has fantastic corrosion resistance.

Thanks for looking!

Well done Ben. That Petty looks like the perfect size for all around use. You're right about the Oak on that parer, I bet it looks even nicer in hand. Top notch fit and finish on both pieces.

Wow. Your unique plunge lines and the tapered tangs add to the overall design. A couple of great examples of custom kitchen cutlery.

Thanks a ton guys! I have really been working on the design aspect of these as they would be used, it's been a lot of fun!

Back