New pics of AK

Eich1911

Search "Kyle Eichenseer" before dealing with me.
Well my plan to take some steller photos went down the tubes when I realized that my lightbox is just too small. Here are some 1/2 way decent photos. Must build a bigger box for taking pictures of large items such as a 18 and 1/2 inch AK :)
I am sorry that I couldnt get what I am happy with tonight, but might give someone some eye candy till I make a bigger box. I can do better, but the force wasent with me tonight...

With a little sanding work you can see just how nice the handle is to the one untouched on the bottom. Look at that amazing grain. Just some 600 grit sandpaper and oil.
h1.jpg

The makers stamp.
h2.jpg

Too much
h3.jpg

And too little....(notice the power cord reflection)
h4.jpg

The Flag
h5.jpg

What is this mark?
h6.jpg

Again I am sorry that these did not turn out as well as I wanted. I will redo once I have the propper size box, and some practice with the blade.

not bad though Eich - have you got a webpage? I keep trying to convince people to put their collections up online...

--B.

beoram,
No web page up for the public, just use the space provided as a place to post pictures. My collection of HI Knives is 1 AK. I plan on adding several more. I should get that 12" AK someone is selling, but I want a new bumper for the jeep....

Bill,
Dont give up my friend, try shooting with a simple background (dark is better for high polished items) Go to wallmart and buy a cheap clamp work light that will take a 100w bulb. Use a difuser of some sort (thin cloth white in colour) and hang it over the light. I will start my light box tomorrow, and send you step by step instructions if you would like. I probably shouldnt be talking about light considering the crappyness of the photos.

Seriously, getting sick and tired of looking at Aluminum Overcast's photos got me off my rear and start learning how to do it right. This is not his top notch stuff, but will give you an idea how good he is.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=197941

First time I looked at his stuff I wanted to toss my camera off the nearest dam. Hes given me some tips and tricks that have greatly improved my work.

Bill, that is Kesar's current mark. It used to belong to Durba, but was oriented edge to spine. It represents the flag of Nepal.

Pat Mc(using a borrowed computer)

And now Murali has taken over the flag - but at least they are putting their initials on the blades now along with whatever mark they might decide to use. I'm still trying to get the first name in Devanagari but with little success.

Back