New Recon 1 and Talwar

What's your opinion on the new OD green and brown handled Recon 1 and Talwar folders? Would you consider these limited runs and somewhat collectible? or are they simply hard use EDC blades like the majority of CS products.

For that matter would you consider any current CS products to be collectibles?

Peace,
Frangouch

0CgnlQ2.jpg

It's nice and I'll carry and use it.

I love mine. I would like to think they are collectibles, but im not sure why a lot of online retailers are selling them so cheap, more than the normal version. The green or brown talwar saw selling for $70 last month.

12826303_566536810170484_597114405_n.jpg

to me users for using. if one wanted to collect, so be it. i feel there is better collectibles to collect for return on investment and value down the road than any cold steels. to me cold steels are quality using knives for a decent price. others think differently, so be it.

So are those colorations a limited run or regular production?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

i would assume so, but they seem to keep cranking them out for now. i expect they will stop eventually? i don't know though, maybe Cold Steel Rep can give some insight?

I love mine. I would like to think they are collectibles, but im not sure why a lot of online retailers are selling them so cheap, more than the normal version. The green or brown talwar saw selling for $70 last month.

What do you think about both of them? Thoughts and comparisons of both. Ive Never Owned a Recon 1, but I have owned the Talwar. I was wondering what you thought of them overall.

What do you think about both of them? Thoughts and comparisons of both. Ive Never Owned a Recon 1, but I have owned the Talwar. I was wondering what you thought of them overall.

TBH i can't decide which one i like more. But i would say that if you love Talwar, you will definitely like the Recon 1 too. They are identical in size & weight, but Recon 1 has a straighter profile compared to the Talwar's "S" curved profile. I would also say that the Recon 1 may have a more ergonomic handle profile as Talwar's very curve pistol grip handle may not fit everyone. The Recon 1 is also slight thinner because the blade stock is 3.5mm compared to Talwar's 4mm. It's equally strong as it's hollow-saber grind instead of a FFG.

Get a Recon 1, you wont regret it. The only problem is deciding between spear, clip or tanto point.

Talwar >>> Recon

FFG, comfortable handle, compact shape in pocket, wave disc, very nice belly on blade, filework on triadlock.

TBH i can't decide which one i like more. But i would say that if you love Talwar, you will definitely like the Recon 1 too. They are identical in size & weight, but Recon 1 has a straighter profile compared to the Talwar's "S" curved profile. I would also say that the Recon 1 may have a more ergonomic handle profile as Talwar's very curve pistol grip handle may not fit everyone. The Recon 1 is also slight thinner because the blade stock is 3.5mm compared to Talwar's 4mm. It's equally strong as it's hollow-saber grind instead of a FFG.

Get a Recon 1, you wont regret it. The only problem is deciding between spear, clip or tanto point.

Okay, So I bought the Recon 1 in CTS-XHP in a Clip Point. I opened it played with it and I have to say, I really liked it. In my humble experience from the little Time I had with it, in a few days, I liked it more than the Talwar. I think the Handle is pretty spot on for me. seems like the Handle has many more positions that I can use the knife. Im not Saying the Talwar is a bad knife, its actually a great knife, just for EDC Id prefer the Recon 1. Also it seemed the handle was strangely more durable.

Its definitely less Showy then the Talwar. Its more of an everyman's, everyday's type knife. I liked that about it. It doesn't look as tactical or scary as a lot of other pieces. BUT as weird as this sounds. I got rid of it after a few days because I thought the 4 inch Recon 1 was and is too small. I prefer carrying larger pieces. I went ahead and ordered the XL Recon 1 in CTS-XHP w/ Clip point. We will see how I like the XL Recon w/clip point.

The Knife I REALLY want to try out is the Espada Large with CTS-XHP, with the G10. If I could find one of those for a reasonable price Id love to try that out. Kind of feel like the XL Recon 1 in Clip point it the "Cheaper" Version of the Cold Steel Espada Large.

For me Talwar after some small modifications is my all purpose favourite folding edc.

Back