New Release - 1119 Forged Wrench Knife

OFFICIAL_KA-BAR

Daylight Savings isn't all bad: today we release the long awaited KA-BAR 1119 Forged Wrench Knife. Made in the USA, each knife has its own unique look as a result of the forging process. Learn more and/or buy yours at https://www.kabar.com/products/1119

lEYr8TD.jpg

Very cool looking knife and I am going to probably get one, but I feel like Kabar missed an opportunity here. It's a "Wrench" knife. So why isn't there a wrench? The open ended hole on the end serves no purpose, except to hang it somewhere. Would have been so much cooler if it had a six or twelve point.

I will be very happy when these land at tomars.
Been holding off on ordering a bk18 so I don't have to pay shipping twice. :)

Very cool looking knife and I am going to probably get one, but I feel like Kabar missed an opportunity here. It's a "Wrench" knife. So why isn't there a wrench? The open ended hole on the end serves no purpose, except to hang it somewhere. Would have been so much cooler if it had a six or twelve point.

You might not want a sharpened handle on a box wrench unless you use a light torque.

Yes I do get what you're saying, tiguy7. I suppose with the functioning wrench it does become more ornamental, a novelty knife perhaps. I still would have liked it though.

Snap-On had done it with a set of steak knives some years ago...

Pearce Knives has been doing these for a long while.

And the tomahawk/wrench combo is another one that occasionally shows up.

image.jpeg AG Russell had a folding rigging knife with a shackle wrench under the spine of working blade. Every time I flipped the Hobie Cat, I had to undo a shackle to slack a side stay to step the mast to right the sucker. I shudder to think what could go wrong when I was wielding a razor wrench in heavy seas while up to my eyeballs in the water and trying to stay alive. PS we solved the problem and speeded the process by replacing the shackle screws with push pins. I still think that shackle wrenches belong on the handle or the Marlinspike. Not my picture.

because it looks like a wrench in your pocket. Sticking out of a tool pouch. No one knows it is a knife.

I dig the looks on this knife, and it has a nice long grip too! Me wants one!!

Mine came with a wire edge. Minor work with a crock stick and a strop and it's happy again.

Back