1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

New release 7/2611?? 53X?

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by billym, Jul 21, 2017.

1. billym

billym

Jan 8, 2006
    BM posted this week in FB that a new lightweight knife was going to debut on 7/26.
    Over on the BM forums they are thinking a 530/531 variation, maybe longer.
    Funny I just lost my beloved 531. I will see what next week brings. If it is a bigger 53X with higher end steel.......

http://benchmadeforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/638106573/m/689006701101

2. billym

billym

Jan 8, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  3. Der W.

Der W.

Dec 18, 2012
    It looks like a Barrage/Volli to me. A thinner Barage is something I would consider carrying. It's the only reason that keeps my 581 out of my pocket.

Now I'm curious! :D

4. jazub

jazub Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Anybody have time to copy image into Bladeforums? Didn't see it on the Benchmade forum and fb wants me to log in to see it. Thanks in advance to anybody who takes the time. I want to see this thing!

5. halflife78

halflife78 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Edit

6. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    op, link doesnt work, Sir.

halflife78 whos the homeless guy with a benchmade.:) kidding, but who is the backpacker on the bridge?

7. -Corey-

-Corey- Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2015
    It's a picture that Benchmade posted on their Facebook page. I thought it was a thinner griptilian at first, then I remembered that the g-10 already has nested liners. The blade also isn't ramped or gimped like the Griptilian. It's probably the new 53x. I can see some vague similarities to a 531 and a Volli, but it's really hard to tell from that picture.

bench.jpg bench 2.JPG SAM_7215.JPG SAM_7217.JPG

jbmonkey likes this.
  8. Benchmade

Benchmade BMK Jimmy - Design Engineer Moderator

Jan 25, 2013
    It's one of our previous employees that left to do some hardcore backpacking.

jbmonkey likes this.
  9. jazub

Feb 6, 2010
    Look at that lanyard hole in the back of the blade. Probably just projecting my preference but come onnnnn mini Crooked River!! :D

Also, thanks for posting the picture.

10. -Corey-

May 29, 2015
    It didn't take long for the cat to get out of the bag...

Edit:
    dead link

11. knives_in_nature

knives_in_nature

Jul 7, 2014
  12. StuntDouble

StuntDouble

Apr 26, 2004
    I posted the same thing over on the Benchmade forum, but I could see that one becoming my "only" knife. It checks a lot of boxes for me.

13. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
  14. ThemGunsThough

ThemGunsThough

Apr 18, 2017
    I like the name.

15. -Corey-

May 29, 2015
    Edit: Removed for now.

jbmonkey likes this.
  16. StuntDouble

StuntDouble

Apr 26, 2004
    I think the admins on the BM forum deleted the post.

jbmonkey likes this.
  17. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    thanks fellas appreciated.

18. jazub

Feb 6, 2010
    Nice!

19. -Corey-

May 29, 2015
    I think so too, I'm sure they weren't too happy about their unveil being spoiled.

20. Benchmade

Benchmade BMK Jimmy - Design Engineer Moderator

Jan 25, 2013
    The next sneak peek! Coming July 26th!

[​IMG]

mdrgn79 likes this.