New Rick Hinderer XM-18

I guess about a year ago, the SIG Store made certain products available, restricted to those who had purchased a SIG Legion. One of the items was a Hinderer XM-18 with Legion markings and color.

At the time, the knife was priced out of my league so I just put it back on my wish list. About 3 weeks ago, I got an email from SIG to where they had reduced the price by $175. So I pulled the trigger (pun intended). I am not sure if I am allowed to show an actual price, so I will wait until one of you guys tells me it is OK and then I will come back and edit.

The gun is an updated version (called Legion) of the very popular Sig P226 9mm DA/SA of Navy Seal fame. It has about 10 improvements on it.

eEdGgfB.jpg

Last edited:
Really nice looking pair Sloop!!

Re showing the price.......as long as there is no link to a non supporting dealer, you're fine.
Joe

Really nice looking pair Sloop!!

Re showing the price.......as long as there is no link to a non supporting dealer, you're fine.
Joe

Ok thanks. Price I paid was $325. They original sold for $500, and I believe they had dropped some before this recent sale. I guess after a year, they weren't selling as expected. I don't mind being the recipient of a good deal. :cool:

That's a great deal, good job! So what improvements did they make to the 226?

Great deal Sloop. I have a Legion 226 SAO. I'm going to have to check out the Legion site & see if there's any left.

So what improvements did they make to the 226?

G10 grips
Xray night sights w phosphor front sight
Gray Guns trigger
X Five Undercut -- a slight recess on the front part of the grip right up under the trigger guard (unbelievably more comfortable)
Lower profile slide release button and de-cocking lever
Shortened contoured beavertail
Enhanced checkering under trigger guard and on front strap
All metal (SS?) guide rod
Gray PVD finish
New manufacturing process that polishes the internal components, thereby reducing friction between moving metal parts

Back