New Sebenza owner needs help

I received my first CRK product on Wednesday of last week, a Large Plain Sebenza . What a solid knife. However, I thought that it was a little too large for everyday carry (at the office). So without delay I ordered my second CRK product, a small Sebenza.

After much drooling and rubbing (the knives mind you), I have a question about the basic shape of the blade. Taking into consideration that each blade is hand ground and finished, should the blade shape on the small Plain Sebenza, be the same overall shape as on the Large Plain Sebenza?

The blade on my small Sebenza looks more like that of the Classic 2000.

Any Ideas?

Chris

Hi Chris,

From the one's I've seen the blades on the large and small are identical except for size.

Welcome to the club!

------------------
Frank Norman
Frank's Page

[This message has been edited by Smooth Bone (edited 10-18-2000).]

There is more of a spearpoint on the Regular Sebenza. The Classic 2000 has more of 'point' angle to it.

You may have a very interesting collector if it is a blade error. I do not believe many make it out of CRK with issues.

'Now you have two, as a beginning........'

Chris,
I just got a small after having a large and had the exact same thought. Then I bought another large after carrying the small for a week and noticed right away that the small had more of the classic shape than the plain shape.
???????????

Mike

I checked about five of each, including plain, decorated, Gold Coin and Classic. The small has a slightly less positive included angle than the large Seb does. In other words, there is slightly less belly on the small Seb.

The Classic Sebs also have slightly less positive included angle, with the profile of the large and small being nearly identical, and very similar to the small current Seb.

Will take picture if anyone wishes it.

Walt

Hmmmmmmm, kind of has me curious too. I think I have about 7 smalls coming in on Friday. I may have to take 1 or 2 out of the tissue to look at them myself.

------------------
Knives & Things
Mike Payne

The intention is that the large and small blades be identical. However, it did happen that some of the small blades were a fraction longer (proportionately) and this resulted in he tip having to be ground back so that it did not stick out of the handle slabs. This would give the impression of a slightly different shaped blade. We corrected the CNC program!

It has been mentioned but I would say again - our blades are free-hand ground so there is bound to be some variation, even though we try hard to avoid it!

Anne

[This message has been edited by Chris Reeve Knives (edited 10-23-2000).]

Given the amount of time I spend at a computer, you would think I could post without typos!!

Back