New set for newbie here

I'm looking to replace my knife set. I would like to know if anyone uses the webstaurantstore choice knives. Everyone uses my knives cuz they're sharp, lightwweight and balanced. Unfortunatey, My knives get abused. So i don't want to spend a lot.

So the main question is do the webstaurantstore choice knives stand up to dropage and other abuse. Yes they hire anyone where I work! one was even looking at the chef knife like which end do I use:(.
Beleive it or not my favorite blade is Ronco Six Star+ Cheese Knife

I’ve never heard of them and there wasn’t a whole lot about them online, looks like 420 steel which might be a little soft, so easier to sharpen but your doing it more often. Couldn’t see where they were made so I assume China. If you don’t have control of who is using your knives they might work just fine, nice expensive knives walk off. Maybe try and buy them in handle colors nobody would want to steal if that’s an option.

I'm looking to replace my knife set. I would like to know if anyone uses the webstaurantstore choice knives. Everyone uses my knives cuz they're sharp, lightwweight and balanced. Unfortunatey, My knives get abused. So i don't want to spend a lot.

So the main question is do the webstaurantstore choice knives stand up to dropage and other abuse. Yes they hire anyone where I work! one was even looking at the chef knife like which end do I use:(.
Beleive it or not my favorite blade is Ronco Six Star+ Cheese Knife

Good luck in your new job.

That Ronco knife looks like a good utility blade for $6. I knew a top French chef who used an original Ginsu knife at work for years. The Ginsu Chikara 6" Chef's Knife is about $25 now.

BDubbs is right. Expensive knives will walk away. WebRestaurantStore has a good selection of $10 five to six inch Dexter-Russell knives up to $100 Wusthof and forged Victorinox models.

Back