New sheath for marine raider

jgn

Here are some pictures of my newly homemade sheath for my sp10 raider. I´m pretty happy with it.
The knife start to show some usage, i like that beat up look :)

Sorry guys. I can´t seem to make pictures show here, so heres a link:
It´s at tho bottom of the page.
http://www.nordisk-forum.dk/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=55576&start=25

jgn,

You can't post pics directly unless you are a gold member. You can post your pics to a picture hosting site (ie; photobucket, Imageshack ) and then attach the links.
Anyway; Nice job on the sheath.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
Director of Engineering
Ontario Knife Company

Thanks Toooj, i will do that next time.

JerryD: I appreciate you posted my pictures :)

I made this sheath without a paper template (i never use one). Just directly to the leather.

I was meaning to put two straps on it, but i could´t fit the second one and one strap is enough. When the strap gets to loose, due to the leather stretching, i can use the second button instead :)

That's a very nice sheath you've got there.

Two questions. Do you plan on reinforcing the stitching with any rivets? And how easily does the SP10 slide out when drawn?

Charlie_K:
No i don´t plan to reinforce the stitching. I used a waxed string (don't know the name for it in english), that´s very strong. I used a leather welt so that i won't cut the string when i draw and sheath the knife.
It´s form fitted to the knife so i can hold it upside down without the knife falling out. But it is easy enough to draw the knife from the sheath. Smooth action :cool:

Nice sheath. Now your Marine Raider looks even more like my Western 49 bowie. (I'm seeing all these threads on it and trying to convince myself I don't need one.)

Back