New Sheath for my AK

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by pugs75, Mar 11, 2011.

1. pugs75

pugs75 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Hey All,
    I'm back again with my newest sheath. Again I am very new to making them this being my second one, I followed my first design because I wanted pure functionality, I used the shackle again, as I like the way it balances the khuk when hanging and allows full free motion with no binding when bending and walking. In one pic I showed how I had to build up the front of the sheath to accommodate the thickness of the blade, I tried to taper down as I got to the bottom, not too bad huh? I also used double snaps and a thicker wrap around to help hold the khuk tight, I also went a bit wider at the belt loop. The khuk fits like a glove and I cant wait to make more. Im looking at making a attachment for the shackle using d-rings for a shoulder strap if I want to get some weight off my belt. Hope you guys like it thanks for checking it out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. stickfred

stickfred

Nov 6, 2009
    I like it very much pugs. They both look great. Nice work tapering that leather down, the double snaps/extra width makes sense and looks good and the use of the shackle is a great idea. Thanks again for sharing your great work with all of us.

Rick

3. heinlein

heinlein

Aug 23, 2010
    They certainly don't look amateurish. Kudos for the great job.

4. The Man In Black

The Man In Black

Jan 3, 2007
    Very nice work!

5. kevhen

kevhen

Dec 27, 2008
    You do very nice leatherwork.

6. jdk1

jdk1 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Nice work again Pugs. There is a real sense of satisfaction in making your own sheath. If I was a builder or mechanic, I would probably get that satisfaction at work. I have to be constructive in the off time! I just made my one dangler sheath and I also love the way it balances a heavy blade on the belt. Take care.

7. pugs75

Oct 21, 2009
    Thank you very much guys, I really enjoy making these. I'm out of leather at the moment, just a few scraps laying around. As soon as I get some, I will be making a few more for my khuks, im also going to make one for my Bamboo Cutter which is a big momma. Thanks again for the compliments.:D:D

8. ShamrockWill

ShamrockWill

Jul 7, 2011
    Awesome work! I just sent you a friend request so I can pick your brain on sheath making in the future. Seeing how well you're doing as beginner gives me hope. Keep it up.

9. IRON HEAD

IRON HEAD

Jan 28, 2007
    Very very nice leather work bro.

10. pugs75

Oct 21, 2009
    Thank You gents