New Sheath for my AK

Hey All,
I'm back again with my newest sheath. Again I am very new to making them this being my second one, I followed my first design because I wanted pure functionality, I used the shackle again, as I like the way it balances the khuk when hanging and allows full free motion with no binding when bending and walking. In one pic I showed how I had to build up the front of the sheath to accommodate the thickness of the blade, I tried to taper down as I got to the bottom, not too bad huh? I also used double snaps and a thicker wrap around to help hold the khuk tight, I also went a bit wider at the belt loop. The khuk fits like a glove and I cant wait to make more. Im looking at making a attachment for the shackle using d-rings for a shoulder strap if I want to get some weight off my belt. Hope you guys like it thanks for checking it out.
DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0085-1.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0090-1.jpg

DSC_0080-1.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

I like it very much pugs. They both look great. Nice work tapering that leather down, the double snaps/extra width makes sense and looks good and the use of the shackle is a great idea. Thanks again for sharing your great work with all of us.

Rick

Nice work again Pugs. There is a real sense of satisfaction in making your own sheath. If I was a builder or mechanic, I would probably get that satisfaction at work. I have to be constructive in the off time! I just made my one dangler sheath and I also love the way it balances a heavy blade on the belt. Take care.

Thank you very much guys, I really enjoy making these. I'm out of leather at the moment, just a few scraps laying around. As soon as I get some, I will be making a few more for my khuks, im also going to make one for my Bamboo Cutter which is a big momma. Thanks again for the compliments.:D:D

Awesome work! I just sent you a friend request so I can pick your brain on sheath making in the future. Seeing how well you're doing as beginner gives me hope. Keep it up.

Back