New size offering

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
I've have several requests for 2" wide Tuskers. I'm going to offer this size for the Big Boar Tusker, 1/4" thick by 2" wide in 7, 8, 9 and 10" blades. I'll post up pricing on my website sometime this week. Also will be adding S7 steel for the Tuskers.
I'll be working on some new models this year too. One that has been on the back burner is a modified sheepsfoot Big Boar Tusker. Blade style like the UNK.
If anyone has any suggestions of new designs, let me know.
Scott

That's awesome Scott! One day when I order a Big Boar, it will definitely be 2" wide...I was just thinking that the other day. And I'm really excited about the modified sheepsfoot Big Boar Tusker...can't wait to see that. I was actually messing around with the UNK design at one time, drawing it up way larger!

2 inch wide BBT will be kick ass!!! May have to buy another one! I love mine so much I can not imagine it getting any better then you come up with 2 inch wide ones!!!!

Stanley, someone saw your Tuskers, liked them so much, I had to make another one.
Scott

108.jpg

Your two were 2 inches wide, weren't they Stanley?

Yes Sir -- mine were two inches wide.

In fact I just received an e-mail this morning from Dan at Semper Paratus Tactical letting me know that both sheaths are done and the knives will be shipped back to me this week.

I like the two inch wide -- or wider blades because I have more blade to grab on which equals more accuracy when doing certain types of cutting.

A two inch wide or wider blade plus a forward lanyard plus near-neutral handle slabs is my recipe for success.

Scott -- glad to see someone liked our design and bought a similar knife sans choil I see. :thumbup:

-Stan

What would be the specs for a larger one? Blade length, thickness, etc.?
Scott

A bigger Deer Creek? I was thinking maybe a 6" blade, handle maybe a little more curve at the end to give a good grip for light chopping, maybe a slight extended tang also; blade maybe just an 1/8 in wider with a little more weight toward the tip, but keep the blade thickness the same though (I think 3/16 is plenty thick!). Keep the balance around the first finger for use with close up work as well. I really like the ergos on the Deer Creek, and this bigger size would chop better and be even better for big tasks, but still be compact and not too heavy. Just my 2 cents! :)

Scott, I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I'd like to see a Hudson Bay camp knife. If not that, then I really like the new width Tuskers. A PSK with a wide 3" blade, and full size handle. I think that would only appeal to myself, and others with super sized ham hock hands however ;). I am interested to see a UNK chopper also.

Stanley, yes they preferred choiless.
geargeek, great suggestion. I think the Deer Creek design would do well in a larger configuration.
SHS, I have made Hudson Bay knives in the past. There hasn't been much interest in them over the years. Your Puukko idea might do well. 1 1/4" is about the widest that a PSK knife would work. I am doing a 1" overall longer standard PSK knife. 7" overall with a 3" blade. Got two up for sale in the store.
Thanks for the imput, keep the suggestions coming.
Scott

All awesome ideas. Love the idea of a 2 inch wide blade. Anyone want to sell me their 8 in BBT so they can buy a 2 incher. ;-). great job Scott, love Stanley's knives.

Scott, lemme rephrase, a 3" long blade PSK, not a 3" wide. I need to get some pics of that puukko up, better control than I thought.

Yes Sir -- mine were two inches wide.

In fact I just received an e-mail this morning from Dan at Semper Paratus Tactical letting me know that both sheaths are done and the knives will be shipped back to me this week.

I like the two inch wide -- or wider blades because I have more blade to grab on which equals more accuracy when doing certain types of cutting.

A two inch wide or wider blade plus a forward lanyard plus near-neutral handle slabs is my recipe for success.

Scott -- glad to see someone liked our design and bought a similar knife sans choil I see. :thumbup:

-Stan

Make sure you post a pic of the sheaths.
Scott

Cant wait to see what happens with all the ideas
In this thread ! I think you already tried this if so
How did it fare ? ... A Stainless steel tusker ? ...
Six inches long, one and a half inches wide would
Work good i think !

Frank

Cant wait to see what happens with all the ideas
In this thread ! I think you already tried this if so
How did it fare ? ... A Stainless steel tusker ? ...
Six inches long, one and a half inches wide would
Work good i think !

Frank

Yes, I've made several Tuskers from SS.
Scott

deer creek in 5160 or 52100 would be great
scott those steels hold a nice edge an flex well for tasks

my psk is great unk next
deer creek 4--5 inch with a little more upsweep at the tip would be perfect
3/16

Back