New small sebenza insingo, ?detent lash

New poster but somewhat experienced CRK owner. As title indicates, got a new small seb insingo with box elder inlay, magnacut. The action is somewhat stiff of course. Have not disassembled. I do NOT think this is detent lash in the traditional sense of when the blade is locked. It is actually when the blade is open that I feel a small amount of free blade movement before the detent ball exerts force. Kinda weird. Lock up is solid with no "play". Is this expected or a problem? Return or disassemble, clean, lube, and reassemble?

I think you are talking about "lock rock", and it's controversial. Some say it doesn't exist, and some say it does. Is your new Seb a 31?

New poster but somewhat experienced CRK owner. As title indicates, got a new small seb insingo with box elder inlay, magnacut. The action is somewhat stiff of course. Have not disassembled. I do NOT think this is detent lash in the traditional sense of when the blade is locked. It is actually when the blade is open that I feel a small amount of free blade movement before the detent ball exerts force. Kinda weird. Lock up is solid with no "play". Is this expected or a problem? Return or disassemble, clean, lube, and reassemble?

If it is between locked up and closed, it's just the play between pivot pin, bushing and blade. All Sebenzas have this, it's not a flaw.

I think I misunderstood the OPs question. Haven't heard of detent lash before.

If it is between locked up and closed, it's just the play between pivot pin, bushing and blade. All Sebenzas have this, it's not a flaw.
Thank you! Have heard this from others as well. It is very hard. to believe a sebenza will actually have this due to a missized detent ball.

Sorry bout that, but for those who don't know, detent lash is free movement of the blade in the closed position,because the blade and detent are not properly apposed. Guess it can happen for different reasons, but it would not be something we should see on a CRK.

Back