New stone - Buckskin Mountain Chrysocolla, Az

I have been able to buy a new Chrysocolla stone from Arizona. The new find is being called Buckskin Mountain Chrysocolla. It appears to be mostly Chrysocolla, Tenorite, Chalcocite and Malachite with some degree of silification (Quartz replacement).

Here is a photo of a slab dry and wet.

Attachments

• DSCF6826.jpg
    DSCF6826.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF6829.jpg
    DSCF6829.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I have already started working with this new Arizona copper based stone and it has less "texture" (pits, vugs, lines and druzy) than the copper based stone from Vulture Mountain and Harquahalla Mountain but the colors are more toward being in a black background. There is a bigger variance in the hardness of the different minerals in the mix and it will not polish as well. it still is a very nice addition and if you are collecting the Copper mineral based stones I use it is certainly worthy.

Attachments

• DSCF6803.jpg
    DSCF6803.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF6808.jpg
    DSCF6808.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF6811.jpg
    DSCF6811.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF6812.jpg
    DSCF6812.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF6813.jpg
    DSCF6813.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Mike,
Very nice Turquoise color patterns. Save me the one with the Chrysocolla stripe down the middle of the scale please. These ought to sell nicely for you. Great find of unusual stone.
Dennis

Mike,
Very nice Turquoise color patterns. Save me the one with the Chrysocolla stripe down the middle of the scale please. These ought to sell nicely for you. Great find of unusual stone.
Dennis

Here is yours, Dennis! It's AWESOME!
2013-05-22132428_zpsc5e1603e.jpg

Lance,

Thanks for the close up picture and your opinion of the Chrysocolla. It sure looks unique with the Turquoise 'Lightning' down the middle of the scale. I think Lightning will be an appropriate nickname for this Redrummd Jewel. Looking forward to meeting up with you in June and having another Redrummd knife show/discussion.

Dennis

Dave,
Thanks for your comment on "Lightning". It does seem to be an eye catcher. By the way, I believe you might be the buyer of 1038PCS Buck 110 with Cherry Creme Quartz. If you are, do you still own it? I have been hoping that Mike would find some more Cherry Creme Quartz to create one for me. 1038PCS sure looked great in the photo's when it was sold. If you have it and ever want to sell, I would sure be interested.
Hope you had a great Memorial Holiday,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,
I do have 1038PCS. Since you are one of Michael's most appreciative fans and probably have the most extensive collection of his works, I'd be willing to sell it to you. I sent you a friend request so we can discuss this offline.
Many thanks,
Dave

Dave,
I want to sincerely thank you for the 1038PCS Cherry Cream Quartz that I received today. Wow!!!!! it's another premium Gem for the Redrummd collection. Mike, I want to also express my thanks to you for creating such a rare and unusual stone handled knife.......you are truly the Master.
Dennis

Back