New Survival Knife From TOPS !

daddÿ;7503043 said:
It is certainly not my goal to derail this thread any further, or let have it turn into a total flame fest. However there has been a few posts about his service to our country (I have nothing but praise for those that server our country) among other things about him not knife related.

Maybe that should be talked about in another thread if someone so desired.

daddÿ

Fair enough.

So one era ended Tops Knives Tom Brown Tracker Knife an new era begins MYKE HAWKE'S HELLION SURVIVOR 2020;)

next :D

LOL, that knife looks as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

He forgot to add a p38 to the design. :D

One question. It's stated as being a chopper but it looks like a chisel grind. Wouldn't that cause it to twist when chopping?
I'll stick to axe and mora

daddÿ;7502960 said:
Wow....Seeing this thread immediately brought up the following (not a good thing I might add):

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17492

PS:If I am not allowed to link to link to other forums please let me know. I went over the rules but I may have missed it.

daddÿ

That was hilarious. It was refreshing to see someone who comes off rather poorly called out on it by the true professionals in his field -- especially the poor use of the English language. It's good to see that our military has high standards, and that most of those who serve strive to uphold them.

That was hilarious. It was refreshing to see someone who comes off rather poorly called out on it by the true professionals in his field -- especially the poor use of the English language. It's good to see that our military has high standards, and that most of those who serve strive to uphold them.

+1:thumbup::foot:

After looking at Hawke's site, I'd say his most developed skill is marketing himself. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It just seems that someone with that claimed skill set is terribly wasted (and probably greatly underpaid) by making a living doing appearances in the likes of Dirty Sanchez. The whole resumé just smells awfully padded.

As for the knife, I wish Hawke and TOPS good luck. They seem like a good match.

I wouldn´t mind having that knife with me in a real survival situation.
BUT at the same time I wouldn´t carry that on my hikes in the wilderness.
mike hawke... that´s a funny name.

I absolutely love mine and the saw works great plus they made it like the old buckmaster so it won't hurt your hand if you need to press on the saw to cut with main blade. The sheat is ballistic nylon with kydex insert and sheat pouch comes with survival kit inside. I had to remove top edges to baton with it though. It looks better the way I cut the edges off anyway and made it flat top past the sawteeth

I am seriously considering getting this in the next couple months to try it out. It is a little mall ninjaish but it still may be useful. I must say the tanto shape I hate but I can get used to that. I just wish I could handle one locally before buying as it may be hard to sell due to it looking like a flea market tactical startrek wanna be special. I will post a detailed test and review if I decide to go for it.

So you supposed to pronounce his name like Mike Hawk or My-key-haw-key?
I watched some clip of Hawke in youtube and he surely had the show. I couldn't avoid the image in my head that he had played too much metal gear solid: snake eater, with his green bandana (that doesn't obstruct view) and the raspy low toned voice. Seriously, he sounds exactly like SSnake.

Back