New to HI

Hello all,

I have had the desire to own a kukri for a long time now. Last week I decided I would buy one, but only the best. After countless hours(about4-5) of searching for quality kukris I saw many Cold Steel merchants (didn't like the feel or finish) and was unimpressed by the $25 crap I was able to find on ebay. Finally one of the search results turned up a thread on this board that spoke of HI as being the best kukris around. An hour or so later I figured out that HI meant Himalayan Imports and was able to find the site. After reading everything on there (party lout of boredom, mostlyf or curiosity) I decided I had reached the right place and placed my order.

This morning I received my brand new 18" Sirupati with bone handle. It is indeed a fine example of quality in both form and function. I spent the morning after reciving it getting to know the blade(s), and after cutting my finger with the small one, decided to put thaty one away for a while and took the Sirupati out for some test whacks and general abuse. After the tree and railroad tie had had enough punishment, I decided that it was indeed as good of a knife as was stated here on the forums. Although I do have more expensive knives, I do believe this is probably the best one I own.

Thank you all, I love this kukri.

Back