New to Hinderer and to this section of the forum

Hi Guys,

I recently picked up my first Hinderer in a trade. It's a Gen 4 3.5" XM-18 Spearpoint in S35VN. I liked the knife so much the I stopped carrying everything else I have. I have now picked up two more and I'm working on a forth. I now have a gen 4 3.5" Wharnie and a XM-24 Spanto. I'm loving this knife and can't think about anything else at the moment. Will be reading this section of the forum to learn more about Hinderers.

Welcome @epetrillo you're off to a great start. Wait till you start dressing them up and you'll be an official Herder.

408ac25b66e9444e4960439d3328bbd5.jpg

Mike

Last edited:
Welcome. Check out the stickies for some useful information.
Nice blade grind variety you are starting out with.
Maybe a Slicer for #4.

[i like this kind of knivesQUOTE=EyeDog;15136190]Welcome @epetrillo you're off to a great start. Wait till you start dressing them up and you'll be an official Herder.

408ac25b66e9444e4960439d3328bbd5.jpg

Mike[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the welcome. I will probably be broke after number 4 so dressing them up will have to wait a while. I was thinking about a slicer grind for the next one, maybe in 3" size. Then again I am really liking my XM-24 so who knows. It's a little embarrassing that I've been so obsessed lately that I'm having trouble think about anything else.

Thanks for the welcome. I will probably be broke after number 4 so dressing them up will have to wait a while. I was thinking about a slicer grind for the next one, maybe in 3" size. Then again I am really liking my XM-24 so who knows. It's a little embarrassing that I've been so obsessed lately that I'm having trouble think about anything else.

They are ALL great sizes. Even though it seems like only 1/2" - the size difference is considerable. Everybody has their favorites.
For me, the 3" is my "Summer" size and the 3.5" is my "Jeans EDC" size. The 24 (4") is my "Go Bag" size.
As for adornments, they are nice and go along way towards "personalization" of your knife.
My only comment in the form of advice regarding this - is- IF you see something you like/want you may want to have a "snag fund" on hand because the "stuff" comes and goes - Quick, leading to frustration for those who are naturally impatient regarding such matters. :)
Enjoy.

Hi Guys,

I recently picked up my first Hinderer in a trade. It's a Gen 4 3.5" XM-18 Spearpoint in S35VN. I liked the knife so much the I stopped carrying everything else I have. I have now picked up two more and I'm working on a forth. I now have a gen 4 3.5" Wharnie and a XM-24 Spanto. I'm loving this knife and can't think about anything else at the moment. Will be reading this section of the forum to learn more about Hinderers.

It's addicting for sure, welcome to the fun.

Just a quick update. Number 4 is an Eklipse and I'm really liking it. Have already started watching for a good deal on number 5. My wife says I've got it bad and may need an intervention soon. She may be right!

Just a quick update. Number 4 is an Eklipse and I'm really liking it. Have already started watching for a good deal on number 5. My wife says I've got it bad and may need an intervention soon. She may be right!

That's all she said? Hmmm, You sure she's not been replaced by a space Alien masquerading as your Wife...... She always been.....so...... Sane?

Wow. I heard there was one, I just didn't know where she was. Cali, who knew?

That's all she said? Hmmm, You sure she's not been replaced by a space Alien masquerading as your Wife...... She always been.....so...... Sane?

Wow. I heard there was one, I just didn't know where she was. Cali, who knew?

She has her shoe habit so she knows better than to give me too much grief over mine. Unfortunately my wallet is not so understanding and I may need to slow down for a while.

She has her shoe habit so she knows better than to give me too much grief over mine. Unfortunately my wallet is not so understanding and I may need to slow down for a while.

Ahhh shoes! I know that Store (in my House)

I just started this whole Hinderer collecting thing about a month ago and I fear a monster may have been born... :eek:
attachment.php

Last edited:
Back