New to Knives...

RUN. RUNAWAY NOW AND DONT LOOK BACK:D THERE IS NO CURE FOR THIS ADDICTION EXCEPT BANKRUPTCY. I SAY AGAIN RUN AWAY NOW,BUT FIRST SELL ME THE KNIFE.:D :D So long I here my knife catalogs calling again.:D

My best personal opinion advice would be to eventually work your way up to a Sebbie. Oh yeah, and I second the don't bad mouth them part, for your own wellbeing.:D Welcome to the knife money pit it has sharp blades at the bottom that shreds the money.

Your in maryland cool, welcome to the boards. The chesapeak knife show is comming in december in timonium.

Welcome to the Forums,
If you're interested in what knives to get, do yourself a favor and look around for a while. Spend some time on the 'net looking at knife sites, do searches on ebay (such as spyderco knife, camillus knife, etc) and visit stores to see what tickles your fancy. While you're looking, save a few bucks to get that one you really want and see who has good deals. And, this site has some of the best info available for knife knuts. Everything for the best steels, to reviews, to whom to buy and NOT buy from. Take a look at quality knife makers first. Looking at those first can let you know what is good and what is crap. Have fun.

Thanks...

So far I am looking at getting the Benchmade 310 rainbow-anodized benchmite as my next knife. I am very pleased with the quality of the Benchmade series, and will definitely be looking at some others such as Microtech, etc., but at this point my tastes are leaning towards BM.

don't forget the joys of delayed gratification! Which means, don't buy a knife when it first comes out b/c after a month it will appear for sale cheaper by a forumite, or several, in the "for sale - production" forum that's part of this site. The for sale and trade forums are a great way to get the best prices on knives. And to rotate out the knives you'll eventually be getting, in exchange for new and different knives . . . .

I see you've seen Benchmade, and MicroTech. If you are in the position to check out their switchblades, (known as auto's to us knife knuts) I recommend these two companies as starters. These ain't your grand-pappy's switchblades, either!:D Check out 1SKS.com and help support the forums.

DD

Hold on to your wallet.

I thought autos were limited to LEOs?

I was perusing BMs website and saw several autos that I'd like to get my hands on [the auto-benchmite being one of them], but the site says they are for LEOs only???

You could always check out the laws in your state. Here in Missouri, I'm allowed to own switchblades, due to them being "collectibles", but I tend to carry them anyway. There's a lot of don't-ask-don't-tell that goes on with autos, but I'll leave the risk taking up to you. You might want to do a few searches through the Auto Forum, just one up from this one.

Email me, if you need a little information on autos.

ddorn777@hotmail.com

DD

Back