New Tops Knife?

Has anyone seen this knife or know of Big B Leather? According to the Big B Leather website, they designed the Road Dog, which is manufactured by Tops. I want the knife but can’t decide if it’s legit. Help me.
141C96C9-731F-4616-8126-03736EA47498_zpsytfl3plu.jpg

The Road Dog exists, and Big B (Bernabe Velarde) is apparently a long-time TOPS user, fan, and customizer.

There's a lot of enthusiasm for the Road Dog in their group over on that social media site, but I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention. I guess the knife is a collaboration, which is why it doesn't show up on TOPS sales site.

Now, I'm not trying to shill. If you want the knife, obviously it's not available on TOPS' site, but if you tell your search engine about Big B, you should find more information.

I have reached out to TOPS but haven’t heard anything yet. I asked about the legitimacy of this knife as well as if there will be any plans on adding it to their catalog. I’ll let you guys know what i hear if there is any interest.

The Road Dog exists, and Big B (Bernabe Velarde) is apparently a long-time TOPS user, fan, and customizer.

There's a lot of enthusiasm for the Road Dog in their group over on that social media site, but I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention. I guess the knife is a collaboration, which is why it doesn't show up on TOPS sales site.

Now, I'm not trying to shill. If you want the knife, obviously it's not available on TOPS' site, but if you tell your search engine about Big B, you should find more information.

What is the odd shaped cut-out supposed to be for? I'm presuming a wire-stripper, pot-lid/ring handle grabber?

its a folder ?? looks like a fixed. either way, the grind is surprisingly low, lower than saber grind ( saber grind is 1/2 way up the blade). the secondary edge looks very wide which means its thick near the edge. i fear it will not cut very well no matter how sharp it is.

its a folder ?? looks like a fixed. either way, the grind is surprisingly low, lower than saber grind ( saber grind is 1/2 way up the blade). the secondary edge looks very wide which means its thick near the edge. i fear it will not cut very well no matter how sharp it is.
It's a fixed blade. I was being facetious.

I thought thick edges that don't cut well are a TOPS standard?

It's like one of those wave type openers for rapid pocket deployment.

Beverage Access Tool. ;)

I thought thick edges that don't cut well are a TOPS standard?

Yes, and no. They're moving away from the "By Hardcore Oper8tors, For Hardcore Oper8tors" kind of marketing wank. They still sell ludicrously thick knives, push daggers, and the MAK-7, which is effectively a short sword. But they've started trying to position themselves in the "outdoor adventures" category, regardless of whether or not your "adventure" includes getting shot at, or covert sentry de-animation. They still sell stuff aimed at the Quiet Professionals (or those who would like others to think they are), but they also sell knives which are intended as rather pedestrian cutting tools.

Back