"new Usa Made Scrade Bone Handle Knives"

I have been told that those knives were made by bear and sons and colonial cutlery. Leaving aside that they are reproductions what kind of reputation does colonial have? Are they any good?

I have been told that those knives were made by bear and sons and colonial cutlery. Leaving aside that they are reproductions what kind of reputation does colonial have? Are they any good?
Can you post a picture, or provide a link please, winchester??

Bear & Sons have definitely made some new Schrade marked pocketknives with jigged bone handles. See the SMKW web site. Search these forums and you may find some reviews of the quality.

I have not heard of Colonial making any Schrade marked knives, but it could be possible.

It appears that Utica Cutlery has made two patterns of Schrade pocketknives recently with jigged bone handles - a 3-1/2" stockman and a 3-7/8" trapper.

Bear and Sons fit and finish is below par unless it has had better quality control in the last year or so, I bought one of their small bone handles stockman, when it arived it looked worse than some of the knives coming out of china.

The Utica models I have not seen close up.

Rusty1

I have not seen the Utica made Schrades, but they did a good job on the Primbles they made in the 80's. I also have a few Kutmaster that are of good quality that Utica made. I think they make very good EDC knife.

I was told by someone in the kmow that the trappers and 897 jig bone models are made by colonial knife. Anyone know anything about their quality?

Back