New video put out by Mora.

Little video of their Mora Survival they have just done:

[youtube]LJmGQUauX8s[/youtube]

Cool video. I really want to check out the sheaths on those, they look good and will probably be reasonably priced.

Thats pretty neat. I like the quick release feature on the sheath. The blade shape is a bit like the 2000, a little fatter towards the handle.

"Don't buy it the sheat is CRAP, I own one"

- Kotteman [Sweden]

"Me and my classmates was given 10knifes to test and we tested them at a 5day survival course. Before we went out to the woods one broke his clip that keeps the belt holder to the sheath, after 1 day one lost his knife due to the security clip, i think that 2-3 lost their security clip at that course and the rest is soon to follow. Some lost some of the plastic things that holds the firesteel in place. The sharpener is a coarse one so it not suited to sharpening the knife unless you have made a nick in the blade. Pictures are in the next post had some trouble fixing them

srry for the dubbel post needed to fix the pics and my Internet is not that fast at the moment, so the first was just to stop you from doing anything stupid..."

- Kotteman

DSC01063.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

"Notice the white line of stressed plastic on the security clip"
DSC01065.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

"The Knife is the best I have and had , it was razor sharp at the beginning and it still is after lots of abuse, the handle is constructed in a way so I can position my hand in a lot of different ways and still have a comfortable grip, it has a good grip when wet, if you shake it when it's upside down it will fall out of the sheath, so again the sheath is the problem on this knife.
My suggestion is to build your own sheath but then you will lose the sharpener and firesteel which is the reason to buy this knife, suggestion nr2 is to only use it as a neck knife because it will fall of your belt otherwise. So for some one who likes neck knifes its the knife to buy(right know I don't know the price as the knife was given me for product development)"

- Kotteman

"Don't buy it the sheat is CRAP, I own one"

- Kotteman [Sweden]

"Me and my classmates was given 10knifes to test and we tested them at a 5day survival course. Before we went out to the woods one broke his clip that keeps the belt holder to the sheath, after 1 day one lost his knife due to the security clip, i think that 2-3 lost their security clip at that course and the rest is soon to follow. Some lost some of the plastic things that holds the firesteel in place. The sharpener is a coarse one so it not suited to sharpening the knife unless you have made a nick in the blade. Pictures are in the next post had some trouble fixing them

srry for the dubbel post needed to fix the pics and my Internet is not that fast at the moment, so the first was just to stop you from doing anything stupid..."

- Kotteman

DSC01063.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

"Notice the white line of stressed plastic on the security clip"
DSC01065.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

"The Knife is the best I have and had , it was razor sharp at the beginning and it still is after lots of abuse, the handle is constructed in a way so I can position my hand in a lot of different ways and still have a comfortable grip, it has a good grip when wet, if you shake it when it's upside down it will fall out of the sheath, so again the sheath is the problem on this knife.
My suggestion is to build your own sheath but then you will lose the sharpener and firesteel which is the reason to buy this knife, suggestion nr2 is to only use it as a neck knife because it will fall of your belt otherwise. So for some one who likes neck knifes its the knife to buy(right know I don't know the price as the knife was given me for product development)"

- Kotteman

Good to know, looks like they need to re-think the sheath concept !

Maybe they've been making cheapo sheaths for so long they forgot how to make a tough one. :p

I'm kidding of course, but I do find it funny how they've always been known for making great knives with bad sheaths, and now they try to improve the sheath and...:foot: Too bad, though, as it's a neat concept. Maybe they'll iron the kinks out of it and it'll take off nicely for them. I'll be keeping an eye on the development with great interest. :)

Looks like the same sheath that comes with the Bushcrafter with the attachments. It definitely leaves a little to be desired. The retention sucks to say the least and the belt loop is a great concept but I can see where it could cause some problems, but mainly retention is my biggest gripe. I do like the blade though. As for the attachments I carry a diamond card sharpener in my pocket everyday so no need for it and the fire steel is something that I really don't need to have on my sheath. I loves my Mora though so I am dealing with my gripes. I would like an aftermarket with a spyderco g clip belt loop. :)

Thanks for the video pit!

The sharpener is a coarse one so it not suited to sharpening the knife unless you have made a nick in the blade.

His quick rub on the sharpener dis sound like it was very coarse. I almost cringed a bit. :p

The firesteel and the grind on the spine was good to see. I've seen some pretty crappy firesteels and its good to know that one isn't as bad as the TOPS offering. If anyone hasn't tried the TOPS steel, you can expect a knife with a good sharp spine to peel off curls of ferro rod instead of throwing sparks. Looks like Mora got that part it right.

His quick rub on the sharpener dis sound like it was very coarse. I almost cringed a bit. :p
I heard that as well

But a new diamond needs breaking in before it gets to it best useage

Nice looking knife. Sucks about the sheath though.

The firesteel and the grind on the spine was good to see. I've seen some pretty crappy firesteels and its good to know that one isn't as bad as the TOPS offering. If anyone hasn't tried the TOPS steel, you can expect a knife with a good sharp spine to peel off curls of ferro rod instead of throwing sparks. Looks like Mora got that part it right.

I heard that as well

But a new diamond needs breaking in before it gets to it best useage

If you watch the video, you can see the scratches in the blade after he rubs it over the sharpener. Those coarse diamond stones really eat that Mora steel up.

I just found out from a friend in Sweden that the price on this knife is supposed to be 500 SEK or ~ $80!
European goods are often found at better prices in the US, but I was pretty shocked given their standard cost here.

i understand mora makes a great knife for the cash but can someone fill me in on the love affair everyone seems to have with them? i own one(used and handled many) and it is pretty nice and if it was an only option i would not be sad to have it, but i dont see how i could ever ever ever prefer to use it over any of my other blades

i understand mora makes a great knife for the cash but can someone fill me in on the love affair everyone seems to have with them? i own one(used and handled many) and it is pretty nice and if it was an only option i would not be sad to have it, but i dont see how i could ever ever ever prefer to use it over any of my other blades

For me it is a price point thing. I grew up pretty poor and finding something with a high (perceived) value impresses me. Also, the scandi grind is easy for me to sharpen (freehand) and keep sharp. I like Moras, I don't love them. When or if another knife happens around with a higher perceived value then I'll focus on it.

For me it is a price point thing. I grew up pretty poor and finding something with a high (perceived) value impresses me. Also, the scandi grind is easy for me to sharpen (freehand) and keep sharp. I like Moras, I don't love them. When or if another knife happens around with a higher perceived value then I'll focus on it.

i understand if you dont have the cash for a different knife in fact thats why i bought one. I was wondering about those who rant and rave about them and sold their other knives because of the moras

I can't think of anyone who sold off their knives over a Mora. I think people just like them because they have such a high marginal utility compared to their cost. :)

theres no mention of a rugged vagina in that video ANYWHERE! :mad::grumpy::p:D

thanks for the link though the video was a good watch :thumbup::)

I gotta ask, how do you like the stepped blade thickness compared to a flat or distal taper? I haven't seen it on any other brands.

Back