New WE Knife SolidšŸ”„ šŸ”„

Hmmm itā€™s been well over a month of ā€œroutineā€ inspection delays at the US customsā€¦ and I saw the post about the same delay with the other new models too?
This doesnā€™t feel so ā€œroutineā€ā€¦

Glad to see a ome of the Solid options are now in-stock but the one I ordered is still not (polished bead-blasted) šŸ˜­

Mildly frustrating that the newer Ignio and Orpheus are both in-stock and readily availableā€¦And I still donā€™t know when I would get the Solid I ordered almost 5.5 weeks ago on launch day.

Itā€™s 99.99% likely not WE Knifeā€™s faultā€¦things get stuck at US Customs for who-knows-what reasonsā€¦ still frustrating tho. (IIRC, we had a birthday card sent by a relative in Asia get stuck within US Customs for something like 5 months beforeā€¦ they sent us the card a whole month before the birthday, still missed the birthday by months. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø)

Aurora Knife and Tool also has had a batch of knives (800+ of them) stuck in customs for a couple of weeks, with no news on a release date. I've had knives from Kunwu take 2+ weeks to clear customs. This is on a whole new level.

Soooā€¦. Iā€™m wondering whatā€™s the story with the Solid, especially with the polished blasted Ti handle version?
My order is still stuck at ā€œorder receivedā€ā€¦ are they still stuck at customs??

Soooā€¦. Iā€™m wondering whatā€™s the story with the Solid, especially with the polished blasted Ti handle version?
My order is still stuck at ā€œorder receivedā€ā€¦ are they still stuck at customs??
The entire shipment is en route back to China, which is regrettable.
However, in the meantime, some of our dealers have submitted additional orders, and WE Solid are now available for sale online at a few US dealer.
For more information, please visit our website or contact us at service@weknife.com

However, in the meantime, some of our dealers have submitted additional orders, and WE Solid are now available for sale online at a few US dealer.
For more information, please visit our website or contact us at service@weknife.com
I only see them available for pre-orders online at different dealers... It is regrettable that they spent 6 week or more "in customs" and for some undisclosed reason they are en route back to china.

I only see them available for pre-orders online at different dealers... It is regrettable that they spent 6 week or more "in customs" and for some undisclosed reason they are en route back to china.
Some versions are available at certain retailersā€¦ the ā€œcenterā€ for knives has the blue/blasted, black/black, & bronze/black currently listed as in-stock.

Too bad I like and ordered the polished version, which is the only one that was never available yetā€¦ and at $400+ each, I canā€™t afford to buy an extra, or I would give the blue or black ones a try while I waited for the polished one.

Damn ugly, like a beautiful pit bull. I want it!

I kind of like it but the lines bug me a bit. Generally, I don't want to hit a bump if I'm passing a blade through something. That little lip looks like it could hiccup or catch a little crud when pushing into something.

Forgive my freehand Paint skills but I'd rather it have been cut more like this.

S4rKVl4.jpg

I kind of like it but the lines bug me a bit. Generally, I don't want to hit a bump if I'm passing a blade through something. That little lip looks like it could hiccup or catch a little crud when pushing into something.

Forgive my freehand Paint skills but I'd rather it have been cut more like this.

View attachment 2411901
I see where youā€™re coming from but Iā€™ve carried and used my ZT0055 a good bit and can report that it has never had an issue with that lip causing any hiccups or hang-ups. At least so far so good.

Soooā€¦ when is the shipment coming back? Any expectations of when preorders of the polished handled versions will be fulfilled?

Restock is expected to be available around end of January or early February,2024.Stay tuned for further updates
I feel bad for everyone who expected one to arrive this month. I didn't order one, as I instead bought a second Cybernetic.

Restock is expected to be available around end of January or early February,2024.Stay tuned for further updates
Any update? I'd particularly like to know when the bead-blasted one will come back into stock.

These are not limited editions, right? So presumably there'll be good availability eventually.

Iā€™ll waiting patiently for an end of January update, but it sure as heck would be nice to get an update sooner.

However, I do understand that it may not be anything that WE Knife Co. has much power over, or even at fault for. But having intended schedules, etc. would be reassuring and keep my interest in the Solid instead of cancelling my preorder and moving that money to something else.

Iā€™ll waiting patiently for an end of January update, but it sure as heck would be nice to get an update sooner.

However, I do understand that it may not be anything that WE Knife Co. has much power over, or even at fault for. But having intended schedules, etc. would be reassuring and keep my interest in the Solid instead of cancelling my preorder and moving that money to something else.
Restock is on the way to dealers.It's suggested to pay attention and check details with neary by dealers

My card was charged today for this knife (polished satin). Hope it arrives soon!

I just managed to order one in stock, and cancelled my long-standing preorder

Back