New ZT0550 Thread !!!

On 11 March, I met Thomas W from Kai USA on the Zero Tolerance stand at the IWA in Nuernberg/ Germany. We talked about the 0551 ZT. So I wanted to have such a knife. Thomas made this possible.

The knife is super processed. The blade can be opened smoothly and the lock securing reliable. The blade has no game after opening and will not budge. I must say that it fits comfortably in my hand, The knife is exactly the idea I had of the pictures from the bladeforums. I like the knife and it will be with me in the future every day.

There remains only one thing to say: Thank you Thomas!

Greetings from Germany :)
Maik

Well the only diffarance between ur 0551 and mine is..... mine is smiling.
20110331_104425_550.jpg

Joining this bunch of KnifeVultures here has forced me to add to my Bucket List.

Five men I'd like to meet:

DahlKen (Thom J.) who got me hooked on Blade & made all my custom lanyards,(25+ and counting!)
kershawguy Dave Anderson who answered rookie questions and sells me superb knives ,
Thomas Welk,who runs a great outfit,but listens to the customer,
Rick Hinderer : would like to watch him shoot a fistful of my handloads,and I would like to ride one more fine quarter horse,
and Spark,who started all this,and gives us a place to wax poetic,nay;prosaic.

Last edited:
I love the 0551 don't get me wrong. That said I am not impressed with elmax. I would put it in same level edge retention as cpms30v and I was expecting xhp preformance . Still love it ,slighlty disapointed .knife is used at plant nursery for twine ,plastic, burlap , carboard and other misc. Jobs.

Hey all and/or Thomas - I was wondering if all of the 1,000 pieces of the 0551 have been competed yet and shipped to dealers. If not, does anyone know what the time line looks like for that to happen. I have one of the early ones that went out, but still have one on pre-order with a dealer. They say they haven't received any yet and don't know when they will. Thanks for any info!

Hey all and/or Thomas - I was wondering if all of the 1,000 pieces of the 0551 have been competed yet and shipped to dealers. If not, does anyone know what the time line looks like for that to happen.
We have only a few hundred left to complete the 1000 pieces. They will be finished up in May.

:eek: May :eek:
OK - Good things take time - waiting since November. Thomas can you update your Customer Serviceteam - they told me beginning of April. I don´t have a problem to wait - but a reliable Info helps preventing frustration

Andi

:eek: May :eek:
OK - Good things take time - waiting since November. Thomas can you update your Customer Serviceteam - they told me beginning of April. I don´t have a problem to wait - but a reliable Info helps preventing frustration

Andi
Andi

Info can change from week to week. Sometimes lesser projects like the 0551 have to take an unexpected back seat.

I would hardly call the "0551" lesser, but it it's taking a back seat to the ZT/Hinderer Flipper collaboration then I'm all for it. Bring the Flippper! Get it ready for Blade Show baby!!!
Andi

Info can change from week to week. Sometimes lesser projects like the 0551 have to take an unexpected back seat.

Yes....

Need a ZT/H 0550....to go with Serial # 0104: ZT/H 0551ELMAX....then the Holy Grail: ZT/H FlipperELMAX!

Back