Newbie with a new old Tomcat

This is my first post and I'm a newbie to the knife collecting world. Revolvers yes but knifes no. I recently came across a Edm. Wa. Tomcat. My questions for the Sages here are the Santa Monica's more sought after. And were all tomcat boxes adorned with the F-14? Thanks in advance.

If it's a first series, with front and rear bolsters, it doesn't matter much. They're collectible. Some might be influenced by the Ca./Wa. thing, I'm not one of them. It's simply a beautiful knife. Bought one when they first came out, don't remember the box, one of a only a few knives I wish I had never sold. I'd like to find one in VG condition, they're quite rare on the secondary market.

Oh, and WELCOME TO BLADEFORUMS!!!!

Ok, hafta ask: Colt, S&W, Ruger, Rossi, Manurhin, Korth, Webly?
Smith's and colts. Mostly Smith's. However I would absolutely love a Manurhin. Thx for responding. I absolutely love the knife. I'd post a pic but haven't figured that out yet. I'll try the FAQ's.

I would also like a Manurhin in my stable. But, in 40 years of gun shows, I've only seen 3, and all were $2500+, too rich for my blood. But, I'd almost just as soon have a Ruger Security Six, which is the weapon Manurhin used as a model for their MR-73. At least, that's according to a history I read, sometime in the dim and foggy past...

They are twice that now. I think beretta owns them. I know you can put in order in for one but the wait is very long. I would like to find an original. From what I've read they are virtually indestructible.

Never really cared for the look of the rubber target grip, even though that was the one preferred by the French counter-terrorist forces for fast work. They shot more in one year than most people will shoot in a lifetime.

Back