Newest Additions to my S!K Lineup

FINALLY got around to taking some pix today... :D

First up, I got my S!K GSO-3.5 in 3V with Green Micarta a little over a month ago:
15716010817_3bd4c6cf9e_b.jpg

15716011357_59ce159119_b.jpg

15714468810_c5d43e3a33_b.jpg

The 3.5 is a great little slicer, & I've been using it in the kitchen all the time.
It's pretty much replaced my Henckels Paring knife! :thumbup:

A couple weeks later, I got my GSO-4.1 in 3V with Ghost Jade G-10:
15899788641_ec6a7fff1d_b.jpg

15715717709_1bc2e13c0e_b.jpg

I'm quite taken with the Ghost Jade G-10, even my wife thinks it's really cool!!! :thumbup:

Here's my S!K Knives so far:
15282115673_e3f68b1206_b.jpg

15714454470_cff31e55c3_b.jpg

15279500184_e544d738fa_b.jpg

I've got a really bad feeling there's a GSO-7/7 in my future... :eek: ----- :D

Looks great! That 7/7 would really round out the family.

How has the 3v on your 3.5 been holding up? Any patina or coloring with all the kitchen duty?

EDIT: I must know about the attachments on the sheaths. Where did you get them? Do they put the sheath in a cross draw, dangler position off of your belt?

Last edited:
That Ghost Jade G -10 looks really good on your 4.1,you have a nice serie of Survive! Knives.

How has the 3v on your 3.5 been holding up? Any patina or coloring with all the kitchen duty?

EDIT: I must know about the attachments on the sheaths. Where did you get them? Do they put the sheath in a cross draw, dangler position off of your belt?

Thank you sir!

I've zero issues with the finish on the GSO-3.5 in the kitchen. I've cut vegetables like onions, bell peppers, and jalapenos peppers with no staining at all.
Same with meats, including cured meats. I haven't cut any really acidic fruits yet, but I don't think it'll be a problem.

Sheath attachments - I made them from a gently used 1.5" leather belt. You are correct sir, they put the knife in a horizontal dangler position cross draw. I made the loops a little longer so they can flex and it works great! :D

Great news about the stain resistance!

The use of belt leather on the sheaths is simple and ingenious.

Here's something I've been wondering: can the kydex g-clip be put into cross draw position on all GSO sheaths or just the smaller models?

Great news about the stain resistance!

The use of belt leather on the sheaths is simple and ingenious.

Here's something I've been wondering: can the kydex g-clip be put into cross draw position on all GSO sheaths or just the smaller models?

In my experience, it will work on the GSO-3.5 sheath, could be okay on the 4.1, but on the 5.1 it has to be pushed further down the sheath to the blade end and makes the handle point "down" when on your belt. The other thing is, I'm not as skinny as I used to be... :grumpy: The Kydex g-clip and the pancake sheath combo bit into my side and I didn't like it.
That's why I made the dangler loops. :thumbup:

When I get a GSO-7/7 and a GSO-10 I'm going to make vertical drop loops for them. :D

Dang, after looking closer at pics of the 5 and 5.1 in the sheath I see what you mean about how the balance is towards the tip of the blade making the handle sag down. Maybe I'll have to get creative like you!

So far they clean up well, even after slicing up wine marinated beef.
Yb6SYr6.jpg

Last edited:
3.5 and a 5.1 are pretty much an ultimate combo!

In my experience, it will work on the GSO-3.5 sheath, could be okay on the 4.1, but on the 5.1 it has to be pushed further down the sheath to the blade end and makes the handle point "down" when on your belt. The other thing is, I'm not as skinny as I used to be... :grumpy: The Kydex g-clip and the pancake sheath combo bit into my side and I didn't like it.
That's why I made the dangler loops. :thumbup:

When I get a GSO-7/7 and a GSO-10 I'm going to make vertical drop loops for them. :D

Have you seen these?
https://plus.google.com/photos/1096...s/5882983337843955153?authkey=CJmZ1czFrrGjogE

[video=youtube;COKvk-AcNzk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COKvk-AcNzk&list=UUyMh1W_oKQMvylG-rfIkitg&index=7[/video]

[video=youtube;QU5qiDPRplw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU5qiDPRplw[/video]

Yes sir I did! Very nice. I like your original universal best.
Definitely will consider when I get a 7/7! :thumbup:

In my experience, it will work on the GSO-3.5 sheath, could be okay on the 4.1, but on the 5.1 it has to be pushed further down the sheath to the blade end and makes the handle point "down" when on your belt.

For this issue … I just drilled a new hole further up the sheath. It's not perfect, but the knife does ride fairly level when I carry my 7/7 in scout mode.

Back