Newest knife to add to the quiver

I have lived and worked in Davis for a number of years. I have also been a knife addict/ connoisseur for many years. Imagine my surprise when a friend of mine starts telling me about a knife maker she met, that works in Davis, and I am unfamiliar with him. Well, coincidentally, I attend the Reno Gun Show yesterday, Friday the 13th and run into said knife maker. I was impressed with the knives I saw on his web site, much more so seeing them in person. I am very particular about how a knife should look and feel. Christof has captured a knife essence in his creations. I picked this thing up yesterday. I will be back for more.
Picture2034.jpg

That looks great. I love that design.

Makes me want to hunt pig.

Nice Custom Koyote, I like the Style of that Beauty, Good Score and Thank's for sharing the picture,

That is awesome...and the sheath is too!

but...you don't want it...send it to me...send it to me....

Jedi mind trick attempt- watched Stars Wars with my son last night... :)

That is awesome...and the sheath is too!

but...you don't want it...send it to me...send it to me....

Jedi mind trick attempt- watched Stars Wars with my son last night... :)
Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me...

Man, I love making dirks! It's funny that every time I go to the Reno show, I sell a dirk to someone who lives in NorCal!

I'm already working on another one....

I got to take the knife out yesterday and put it though some paces. A buddy and I were shelter building and we needed a digging stick. Out came the Koyote knife. The edge on this knife is astounding to me. Christof, you obviously know what you are doing.
IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

The wood being cut is tan oak. The knife shaped it like it was clay. The edge is still sharp enough to remove hairs comfortably from my arm. I love this knife.

Last edited:
that's some nice sized oak! Great photos, and I love seeing the knives used.

It's patterned after the Mediterranean or Spanish Dirk. That size and weight is often called a boar knife on my site or in threads-

The smaller trail knife pattern (generally 7-8 inch blade) is the same style of blade developments, but smaller.

Generally, though all knife terms end up with many meanings- a dirk is something between a knife/dagger and a sword. Development was for naval combat originally, where the space to use a proper sword was lacking. (There's also socialogical issues surrounding who was and wasn't allowed to carry a sword in various cultures)

What's the length on this beast? I was thinking of getting a Bark River Golok and modding it for a tip...this looks even better! A little more length I think...

both the dirk style blade and the bush beater & lnagseax blades go from 9 or 10 upwards of 16 sometimes. I think that one is in the normal "big" range, 12 or 13 inches or so.

Back