News Letter

AA Forge

Custom Knife Maker
For those who don't know we have a news letter that we use to send out updates! If you aren't signed up, but want stay updated on what's going on be sure to sign up!

4/14/20 Letter-

First off I hope this news letter finds you happy and healthy! After reopening the custom order books I wanted to do a follow up to give an overall look at where things are at.

As for the quote of 3-6 months it does look like it will hold to be accurate. We ended up getting around 3 months worth of orders with a little over a month on the books already to include the Nomadic Bushcrafters and previous deposit orders which are being finished now. In fact, I may be on the new O1 orders a little early at around mid May because of how fast I am currently moving through the list. (Remember to note that the knives are finished more by steel type than when they were placed because of the AEB-L and 3V having to be sent out to Peters Heat Treat.). More updates on this coming soon!

I also wanted to address a possible issue with the AEB-L stainless steel. Although I love this steel I will be taking it off as an option tomorrow night (4/15) at around 9pm. The reason for this is with it being an imported steel from Germany and Sweden there is a chance with the current situation that I may not be able to get more until the end of the year. If you have an order in there is no need to worry, because I have or will shortly have all I need to fill your order. I simply don't want to take many more if there could be a possible delay in getting it. It is available now, but may not be in a few months. I'm also considering a few different alternatives for the time being, but haven't made a decision just yet.

Future Nomadic Bushcrafter orders- With the books now open I have been flooded with requests for the Nomadic Bushcrafter to be available again, but with it being a limited addition model I never planed to open it again. With that being said, I am considering it because of how many requests I have gotten and will make a decisions by the end of this week. Either way I will announce it through our news letter.

Stay tuned for future news letter with new announcements and updates! One thing I plan to do starting this week is send out a weekly finished order letter showing off orders finished that week. These will probably go out on Saturdays or Mondays.

Thank you again for all the support, and stay safe and healthy!
Adam

April 21, 2020

Subscribers,

First off I hope this news letter finds you happy and healthy!

As promised here are some pictures of the custom orders finished over the last week as well as a few updates and announcements. I will be moving quickly through the list now that we have gotten things in order to focus on customs once again, but there are going to be some big things coming over the next few weeks.

One of the biggest changes is that we are going back down to a one man shop. What this means is the 10 or so knives we were making a week before will now be going down to 5-7 on an average week, but the list has been quoted off the new work pace. Aaron and I have enjoyed working together, but he has had some projects on his mind to try for some time now and I wanted him to put full force into it, so stay tuned for what he has coming!

Nomadic Bushcrafters- After an overwhelming request I have decided to go ahead and reopen orders for this model. In edition to that I will be taking it off the Limited Edition Collection and placing it on the standard model page. What this means is that there is no order limit like last time and it is just worked into the standard list and quote times. (Change of plans here, please read the next newsletter for details)

WE ARE MOVING!- After all the craziness lately I have decided to move the shop closer to home, so stay tuned for the new shop address in a couple of weeks!

Stay tuned for more updates and news over the next few weeks, and thank you to all of you for the continued support!!!

From the desk of,
AA Forge Handcrafted Knives

Last edited:

April 23,

Subscribers,

First off I hope this news letter finds you happy and healthy!

Announcing the second ever and last release of our limited edition Nomadic Bushcrafter tomorrow night at 9pm EST!

When I first made this model I intended to do a yearly release, but with the heat treating delays I decided to wait until I was finishing the first orders before opening them again. Now with the first run is nearly complete I have decided to open up orders for this limited one of a kind model for the LAST TIME!!!

Last time around I set a limited number of slots, but all that did was rush folks to get an order in as fast as possible and it made getting the details for the orders worked out take much longer than it should have and ended up pushing the finish date back. This time around the books will open for this model tomorrow tonight (4/24/20) at 9pm EST and close at 10pm EST so grab one while you can! Available in two steel types with endless handle configuration options you can truly make this knife your own! To help be sure of the set up you like please checkout the available features on one of our other models. As stated this will be the last time you will be able to custom order this model and from here on out it will only be available through auction from time to time.

You can find the model on the Limited Edition Page of our site.

Also stay tuned to our Instagram page for the finished orders over the next couple of weeks!

Thank you to all of you for the continued support!!!

From the desk of,

Been moving the shop this last week so I'm behind on getting the next news letter out, but should have it out in a day or two. A lot of updates coming form the prepaid list, new order status and more. Stay tuned for some finished orders over the next few days.

Subscribers,

First off I hope this newsletter finds you happy and healthy!

Although it has taken much longer to get settled in the new shop than I expected, and thus put me behind on getting the update email out as soon as I wanted, it is finally here!

Older Prepaid Orders- I'm about to mail out 5-6 by Monday and have an additional 14 to finish and thats it! Currently I'm finishing 3-4 a week so not much longer. I apologize once again for how long it has taken to finish out this list. Trying the prepaid style customs was a mistake and one that only got more complicated when we had the issue of availability of the 52100 steel they were ordered in. I learned a lot of hard lessons with all this and I strive every day to improve everything! I can't thank those of you that have been patient with me enough! You will never know how much I have appreciated your kindness when I didn't deserve it.

1/2018 Deposit Orders- Now that I have moved back to focusing on customs instead of available knives I have just about finished all of thees orders. Only two remain, because of some special material needs.

Nomadic Bushcrafter Orders- Currently all carbon steel orders are done, most AEB-L orders are done with the last couple being finished in a week or so, and 3V orders are planned to be done in June. The Second round of orders are based off the current lead times and are about 5 months out. In total if you have a custom Nomadic Bushcrafter you have one of only 30 customs that have or will ever be made!

New custom Orders (3/30-)- These are looking to be on track right now with the first of the O1 orders to start getting finished around mid June. As stated in the quote 3V and AEB-L will be closer to the 6 month mark. If anything changes for the AEB-L due to the importing issues I will send out a newsletter to inform everyone and offer options to move forward, but right now things look good!

Also stay tuned to our Instagram page to see all these orders once they are finished!

Thank you to all of you for the continued support!!!

From the desk of,

Back