Next Broken Skull?

I keep seeing the Broken skull knife referred to as a series. Does that mean the different coloration's or is there another knife in the works? If so i nominate the Mackinac hunter. Since the Broken skull is the Lone star hunter it makes perfect sense.

I would buy a Mac with a colored G-10 handle. Or they could just produce some stonewashed Broken Skulls.

I would LOVE to see a Mackinac Hunter done up with XHP and G 10 scales!!!!!!!!
Bob

Well, I would like to see the Broken Skull with the rounded FRN handle scales of the Voyager line.

I found the handle of the Broken Skull to be just a bit too thin for holding comfortably for long periods of use.

+1 for this idea.
However im more keen to see a scaled down version of the current broken skull, prob to the size of around 8-8.5 overall length.
I think this is a legit request as per a thread in general discussion, Lynn realized that the blade length of current broken skull 4.11 inches instead of 4, which may cause issue for some people, so why not come up with a new smaller version. All of the popular knives have a large-small combo, like the Endura/Delica or the Griptilian, so i really think that CS should do that. I'll buy all color variations.

With all the talk about the Broken Skull, I broke down and ordered one. Amazon sent me notice that I had a credit from some pricing suit that they had so when I applied that credit I got the Skull for $21 including shipping. I have been getting orange scales of late and that is what I ordered. Started to get the blue scales but since I have several other folders already in orange i opted to keep with that color. Makes it easy to find if you accidentally drop it. Looking forward to getting it, supposed to receive it on Tuesday.

I received my orange Broken Skull yesterday and have been playing with it since I got it. It is extremely thin and disappears in my pocket. The pocket clip has to be the tightest clip I ever had on a folder. It is short and very stiff. Before I could clip it to my pocket I had to flex it out with another tool as I couldn't get it over my jeans pocket.

The edge was sharp and would cut hair off my arm but it had trouble cleanly slicing phone book paper. That is some thin paper and tears easily. I did experience a problem with the lock sticking with the blade open. You really have to push the lever down to disengage the lock and it stuck so hard once that I had a hard time getting it to release. Must have been a burr or something. I worked the lock lever up and down a bunch and it seems to have smoothed out and not binding anymore. If I have any additional problems it will got back to Cold Steel to be fixed.

I placed it next to my Endura, as does everyone, and it is a bit longer but thinner than the Endura. I have a deep seat pocket clip on the Endura and would like to get one for the BS if and when they are available.

You can't get much thinner than the BS, so if you are wanting a 4" blade that is extremely thin this knife is for you. I can see that extended or hard use would raise hot spots with the thin grip, but that is the trade off for ease of carry.

My broken skull had the same stiffness, but over time it has become very smooth. The lock bar spring has also lost some of it's stiffness and now it is easy to close. I still don't like the clip, if it were like spyderco's it would be perfect.

The pocket clip is a problem, but after carrying clipped for a couple times it loosen up. The first time i tried clipping it, i almost gave up or pulled my fingernail apart, but it's sliding in just fine now.

Regarding the stiffness, one out of my 4 BS has a rather sticky, but that gets wear in after a few cycles of opening/closing too. I think it's due to the grind being very crisp, which is a good thing as it showed that CS has improved their manufacturing precision.

For $45(when i got them) it was one hell of a deal. Here is mine, for some reason i just love carrying the pink, because im too afraid of dinging up the other colors.

13188054_1738342179778396_1945144293_n.jpg

Back