Recommendation? Next CRK

Hey guys. I've already owned a large 21 cf and currently own a large inkosi insingo with red micarta. Love the inkosi. I sadly sold the 21 for financial reasons. I love that the knife was masterpiece of tight tolerances. I see the umnumzaan, inkosi, 31, etc have the ceramic ball. Is the lock face of the 21 inferior to this ceramic ball?

I'm looking for either a unique graphic that tells me I need to have it or a Damascus variant of a CRK. Unsure what to look at specifically or where to find it. I do miss the 21 but seeing how I don't buy CRK very often, I want the next one to be just as WOWing to me as my last.

Well, I assume you're not looking for a Mnandi as you had a L21 and have a L Inkosi currently. I am new to CRK and picked up both blade shapes Inkosi's with micarta and recently scored a L31 PJ with boomerang damascus. The damascus blade is absolutely beautiful to admire (haven't cut anything yet). There are plenty of CGG and CGG damascus 31's being released monthly on the sites. There's no carbon fiber 31's or Inkosi's at this time. 21's are still available but stock is depleting.
Absolutely nothing wrong with the lock face of the 21, CRK built a legacy on knives before ceramic ball lock bars, but CRK touts the ceramic ball as the next best thing. Having had nothing but ceramic ball CRK's, I think they work fine as is.
CRK is shifting from S35VN to S45VN blade steel this year. They already started with the Mnandi and Umnum, I believe I heard the Sebenza will be last to transition. Advantages are increased corrosion resistance and minor increase in edge retention. Most people probably won't tell a difference from what I've read.
As far as websites to purchase, well, just look on CRK's authorized dealer list. I'd recommend making a bookmark folder just for CRK links and signing up for stock email notifications if you have your heart set on a particular configuration. Seems like the demand for certain models outpaces supply. The wait list direct from CRK is something silly like 12-18 months currently.

Like I said in your other thread, KSF have plenty of what you are looking for in stock.

If you want a large damascus or unique graphic, the Sebenza is you only choice. The 21 will be sought after when they are gone so I'd recommend picking one up. You can probably get a CF 31 whenever they get around to making them (I'd guess still a year or more out).

I'm hung up on a damascus thuya large 21. I enjoy how simple it is. Do they offer anything besides inlay or plain in damascus?

There’s a few Unique’s with Damascus out there. Of course, they may not speak to you, but they’re out there.

Back