NIB USA Kabar Warthog

Question my fellow Kabar lovers. I have recently picked up an old stock, new in box Kabar Warthog. Now I know they are not made anymore (the USA made version).

Do I save it away in pristine condition, so it is worth millions later?

Do I take it to the woods and set it free, and put it to the work the way it was meant to be?

I don't think they are really rare, but then again, how many brand new ones exist?

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

Good question, but I think its mostly a personal thing.

I don't think that the original will ever be extremely sought after, but I have heard that there was a pretty large group of people that clamored for the return of the warthog, so there might be enough interest after all.

I don't personally see the use in collecting knives like this, as they really were made to work, and not to be locked away. I'm also a "user" though, and not a collector, so take that into account :).

Good luck with whatever you do, but just know that either way... we want PICS :D.

Considering that you can easily pick up a new Taiwan one for 50 bucks, keep that one virgin. It will most likely never be worth a ton, but that doesn't mean they'll be super easy to get. Just buy a new Taiwanese one and don't ever look back.

I think I'm gonna leave her NIB and find a used one to beat on. Thanks for the input. It for sure is an interesting blade.

Back