Nicaragua knife laws?

I have a friend who is studying abroad in Nicaragua for his fall semester and would like to bring a knife with him. His problem is that he cannot find the knife laws for Nicaragua and neither can I. Would anyone happen to know where I can find them or where I should look? Thank you.

The best source for information on ANY question about travel in another country, whether laws, climate, etc. is the nearest consulate for the country in question.

Just google consulate, country-X, state-y

an example - consulate nicaragua texas supplies the address with a map, and the phone number for Nicaragua's consulate offices in Houston Texas.

Buy local as said before or have one shipped once there once the law is found out. Oh! And just because it's for sale in a store there doesn't mean you can carry it! Stupid I know but I found this out in Mexico cost me $300 bucks to get the officers to let me walk!

And just because its legal doesn't mean local law will let a gringo carry it either. Everything is flexible in much of the third world. You can only play it by ear and do your best to blend in. Forget legally carrying for self-defense or anything like that.

In Nicaragua you are a Gringo... Locals can walk around in Managua with 30 inches machetes hanging on their belts... but you cannot... therefore I would do the same... travel with a folder or multi tool you do not love specially... and need be, try to find local artisans and shops... It is much more fun and you may find fantastic works worth anyone's collection!

A.

Or Belize. They speak English there as their official language. Plenty of machetes in the stores but not much else. In Costa Rica you can find all sorts of Chinese folders including autos.

Back