Nice customer service

Just wanted to mention a nice customer service experience I had with BM.

I have a used MPR inbound that still has the old style clip. I'm aware that they changed styles and not knowing which I'd prefer, I emailed BM to ask about purchasing a new style one. I told them I bought it used, etc., but today I received an email saying they were sending me a new style one no charge.

Thought that was nice of them, considering I'm not even the original buyer.

Joe

I agree with this; Benchmade's customer service is among the best of the best. Where others charge for parts, all it costs us, usually, is the price of a phone call. Doesn't matter if we're the original buyer or the knife isn't registered to us, they will honor the warranty and then some.

Yup, they mailed me out a spring kit here Afghanistan because I'm not able to ship knives stateside. They seem to bend over backwards for customers, very good company.

Wow that is impressive considering you bought it used and there is no charge. I could see them doing that for the original owner, but not usually the second one for no charge. That is some good customer service and how it is done.

I agree with this; Benchmade's customer service is among the best of the best. Where others charge for parts, all it costs us, usually, is the price of a phone call. Doesn't matter if we're the original buyer or the knife isn't registered to us, they will honor the warranty and then some.
I couldnt agree more.
Ive even had them refuse (return) money ...........

I emailed Benchmade asking to purchase a parkerized clip for my 710, they emailed me back stating it was on its way free of charge. Thats very good customer service I think.

Had a broken Omega spring last year and after several emails, they sent two sets of new springs and a new set of screws and clip FOC, all the way to South East Asia.

Benchmade's warranty service is the best in the industry. Seriously.

I shipped them four knives that I've had for a while that had developed minor, pesky issues over the years. My 940 had developed horizontal blade play after extensive use. My 950 had a blunted tip and strange grind due to extensive sharpening. My 710 was fine, but I wanted barrel spacers installed in it. My 275 Adamas had developed slight vertical play after extensive use. And I needed a ton of replacement pocket clips.

I called Benchmade. A live person immediately answered and immediately shipped out 8+ split arrow/parkerized clips, which arrived two days later. She provided me with clear instructions on the other knives. I shipped the knives to Benchmade on a Friday, and received them back in TEN days [ridiculous turn around speed]. They were all perfect. I was not charged a penny for this service.

Their customer service is fantastic!

That about say's it all.

More then once I've called to ask a question and got into really good and informative conversations with the rep. It's nice to know you are dealing with a fellow enthusiast in some cases and they really will bend over backward to help you if they can.

When you're decided to...On sending up your knives for service, please make sure to leave the original boxes home. They have a long-standing policy of tossing what remains a valuable asset. The repaired/LifeSharp items will be packed in a gray repair box and unless specifically requested, be mailed via UPS. Simply wrap the knife carefully and if sending up please insure it and remember to print and fill out the paperwork linked on the BKC website.

Back