Nice looking way to store a few knives on table or desk?

Keeping a bunch of knives on the living room table or office desk just looks a bit messy. Do you have any suggestions of a neater ways to store a selected few (3-10) knives?

Go google up a Valet Tray. They come in knife specific with slots or just catch all varieties in wood, leather, in high end or low.

I would consider making your own stand using wood, it would be a nice project. Otherwise, a carpenter can do it pretty easily.

I haven't found any good options made specifically for knives.

Are they a display? If some something like a shadow box or a glass topped table would be good.

If you need frequent access to them though that's going to be a hassle.

I see a lot of people using small glass-topped wooden display boxes. I considered buying a few from Amazon to store my switchblade collection.

What type are we talking about ?
An EDC rotation assortment, heirloom traditionals, wall hanger fixed blades ?

Go google up a Valet Tray. They come in knife specific with slots or just catch all varieties in wood, leather, in high end or low.

good idea, like maybe the glass-topped variety...
Novel Box Half-Size Glass Top Black Leatherette Jewelry Display Case
...from the river site...

I’d search for a leather/wood valet tray that fits your style and size requirements.

Find a nice looking cigar box. With some fabric and wood scraps, some spray adhesive, and a little work, cigar boxes can make some wonderful valets, watch cases, jewelry boxes, and even gun displays. I have two sitting on my dresser right now, and I’m building/modding two more for family. Or, just find one you like, and leave it as is, and they still look spectacular.

Go to any cigar shop and you can usually pick up a really nice cedar box for a few bucks, and often for free. And they come in all different sizes and finishes, and smell great when you open them.

I made this presentation display for my fathers Gold Cup from a cigar box a few years ago for Christmas
Bo7TUMX.jpg

Put them in an aquarium with the piranhas or in a terrarium with the Gaboon viper.

Back