Night on the town with my best girl.

TMHunt

Knifemaker/Moderator
So no new updates really as far as making knives. Much of the same. Trying to make well over a years worth of production in 4 months and fill orders is a steep hill to climb but I'm still working towards my goal. I've never been afraid to stand alone and fight the world but now that I'm there its nice to see that people are there with me and have my back even if I don't ask them to be. As many of you know, my Dad, Murph, and Diesel D have been a big help to me as far as making knives. But there's other people that help in ways that's not really dirrectly involved with knives. My wife is one of them, and this is how she helped me today.

The day started just like many of the past weekends. Gettin out of bed, heating up the shop and preparing for about a 24hrs of knife work over the coarse of sat. and sun. My Dad came by about noon and worked in the shop with me until about 2. Then took my two kids home with him so my wife could take me to my favorite resturant/brewery. Wow! How cool. My wife arranged the kids staying with my folks tonight. Said id been in the shop to much and I needed a threat so I didn't become a intolerable grouchass. (Her words not mine) so I showered and off we went, and what a threat it was. Here are some pics.

Big woods Brewery is a small Brewery about 30 miles from our house. Its nestled in a tight community of small local artists shops and craft stores. Maybe that's what I like about this area so much. Everybody realies on there own tallents to make a living. There are no "chain" stores, and the area is prretty much untouched by corporate greed.
2013-02-16173355_zps88e1cd0b.jpg
2013-02-16173418_zps162cc6c6.jpg
2013-02-16173449_zpse6027339.jpg
this guy carves all of this stuff with a chainsaw. I've spoke with him a couple times about making me a cigar store indian for my shop, but we haven't been able to strike a deal yet.
2013-02-16173519_zps4eb0e1b8.jpg
its like this sign was calling my name
2013-02-16172952_zpsbc143705.jpg
The Big Woods Brewery
2013-02-16154548_zps852ade3a.jpg
our meal. Handcrafted beer, spinach and artichoke dip and the best BLT sandwiches in the world
2013-02-16162226_zps0da42461.jpg
2013-02-16163128_zps95c3559e.jpg
here is a beer sampler that looked pretty tastey
2013-02-16162239_zpsb0aca720.jpg
what I can't take a picture of is the general feeling of the place. Its only a few miles from a couple of my wife and I favorite hiking and camping spots. Plus you got to love a place that will play old Johnny Cash songs backed by Janes Addiction tunes. We sat at the bar with a couple from Cinncinatti. (About 100 miles away) I'm about 99.999999% sure we will never see them again, but tonight we dined, drank, and laughed like old friends. What a good time tonight was. Thanks Honey! Your the greatest! I Love you!
2013-02-16155441_zps0917f266.jpg
2013-02-16165407_zps8993c1d2.jpg
CHEERS ALL!!!

Last edited:
You're a good man Todd. Obviously your wife can see that! Hang on to her - she's a keeper.

I'll remind you tomorrow, but I hate you. The woman opted for Italian instead.

Looks like a great time brother. That BLT and cole slaw look kick ass. Johnny Cash and Jane's Addiction, hell yes.

Looks pretty awesome. Maybe after hitting it big at blade you can open a store/shop there.

Its funny that you mention that Cbear. Cause I've kicked that around for a long time. Last year the perfect place for that came up for sale there. But it would of had to of been a all or nothing move. We would of had to live in the building and I can't ask my family to move to a different town and live in a store just because I'm decent at making knives. Talks are becomeing more frequent about doing this full time. But I have to be smart about it................then again...........nobody ever acussed me of being totally sane anyway. :D

Man that's awesome Todd! Looks and sounds like you guys had a great time. We have a few areas like that here in the TN hills and they have a great feeling to them. I love getting as far away from corporate influences as I can.

Back