Nimravus Cub

Hello,
I just got a Nimravus Cub in a trade. I really like this knife. Just the perfect size. Mine is the first production run 963/1000. Is there anything different about todays model? If you have one, what do you think about it? It's my first quality fixed blade. I've also got a cheap buck. I really didn't think I would like a fixed blade but this little fella is pretty cool. thanks folks. dtsoll

I too just got one of these knives, I got the 145HS model. I haven't done much with it because I don't really feel comfortable carrying it out in public, but around the house it has been great. The handle feels great, and it cuts really well. The only issue that I have with it is that the sheath that mine came with is not the one that they show on their website. The one I got dosen't have the little thumb toggle lever thing. It is just a plain kydex sheath with a nylon strap thumb break. Anybody out there know anything about the differing sheaths? I wrote to BM about it but I haven't yet heard from them.

Pascal.

I'm looking for the 440c satin finish Nimravus. When will BM sell these again? Any online retailers selling this rare model?

Originally posted by Pascal
The only issue that I have with it is that the sheath that mine came with is not the one that they show on their website. The one I got dosen't have the little thumb toggle lever thing. It is just a plain kydex sheath with a nylon strap thumb break. Anybody out there know anything about the differing sheaths? I wrote to BM about it but I haven't yet heard from them.

The Nimravus and Cub now have new sheaths. They were introduced within the past year. Maybe you can buy a new one from BM...

...or you can just get one from Eric (Normark) at On/Scene Tactical! :D

Thanks! On/Scene Tactical seems like the ticket. I'll be contacting them about a new sheath ASAP.

Pascal.

What's the difference between the old sheath and the new sheath? New materials used? Easier to draw from?

The new one has a locking lever on the sheath that can resist a lot of force and it's intuitively ambidextrous. The old sheath held the knife in with a button snap and it's a bear to unscrew it and reverse the snap for convenient left-hand use. Found that out last night. :)

Nonbox, did you call BM about the 440C? Also, the new sheath is way better. You can get the rescue hook and lash tab and you can wear all sorts of different ways. The old one is really blah...The new sheath is the same one that the River/Rescue comes with.

BM has both the Nimravius 145 and 140 in stock. I have yet to see a pic of the Nimravius 145 and 140 in 440C satin finish. Anyone have a url to a pic of these knives? Anyone know of an online retailer that sells these limited models for a lower price than MSRP?

I have never seen the 440C cub anywhere online. I love mine...finding a picture online will be hard. The knife looks just like the river rescue with a Nimravus mod.tanto.

crazy nicky, did you buy it from benchmade or an online retailer? Do you know of a place with a better price? How does 440c cut? Does it hold an edge? How's it compare to 154cm?

I bought mine right from Benchmade, If I found it online somewhere it would probably of been cheaper but the $100 was well spent. 440C holds a nice edge...easy to sharpen too. The only thing that sucks is that it came with the old sheath and I had to buy the new one from them. You should call them to see if they have anymore...when I got mine I was told it was the last one and I got 150/150 which means it was the one with the Real Tree G10 handle. They must of replaced the RealTree with the regular G10.

Here is BM's email response to my questions about the 140/145 440C:

We do have both still in stock.

We only have limited runs of the 145 & 145RT with satin finish blades.

The only catch is that these two limited run satin finished blade
Nimravus's have the old style sheath (145RT is the camo edition with
old style camo sheath).

If you want the new sheath, we can only offer it on any other of the
140 and 145's that are not the satin finish blade limited runs, due to
the new sheaths are a fitted item.

Back