Spyderco Nirvana and Paysan

Spyderco is using their skilled Taichung manufacturer. Most likely their costs are much higher than the mainland China manufacturers.
I love Taichung for some knives. But how much is the Paysan - about $500? I just bought a WE Drakon for $200 less and it's beautifully made.
With the Drakon, do you have any issues getting it in and out of the pocket?? That's my ONLY concern with it.

If they do a nirvana 2.0 I would be all over that. Even with the issues I still wouldn't mind picking one of the originals up and maybe getting a regrind done.

With the Drakon, do you have any issues getting it in and out of the pocket?? That's my ONLY concern with it.

Yes it will tear up your pocket unless you mod it. Same with the Civivi Wyvern.

I must be the only one who loves the Nirvana. While I have one devoted to carry, sans pocket clip and carried in a Lifter's Leather belt sheath, I own a total of ten specimens. I just received my first two Paysans.

I must be the only one who loves the Nirvana. While I have one devoted to carry, sans pocket clip and carried in a Lifter's Leather belt sheath, I own a total of ten specimens. I just received my first two Paysans.
Pics, please.

you have much to teach me about the dark side, my master...

10...TEN? Just...why?
tenor.gif

I know, right? The concept of over 4 grand invested in Spyderco Nirvana makes my head hurt a little.

Yeah, any knife really. I get the "one in the safe and one in the pocket" approach, or like a couple PM2s in different steels. But TEN (presumably) identical Nirvanas when you can get two custom ones from Peter for that money probably...just...odd.

If you ever want to lighten the load by one please let me know. I’ve been on the hunt for one for a long time. I promise any knife I Buy has a good home for the rest of my natural life.

Back