NMSFNO vs. TGLG

Yeah the NMSFNO is a little heavier too. I think the NMSFNO has a convex grind, and the TGLB has a shallow hollow grind. I guess that's what makes the NMSFNO a better chopper. I like them both.

Last edited:
I've got the NMSFNO, and the TGLB, in addition to the DSSF and the Sarge 7. They all come in around 8" give or take a quarter inch. I wouldn't want to sell any of them. All different, all good.

Both are great. I agree the NMSFNO does have the advantage when chopping, but the TG will hold it own just fine.

Garth

Thanks for the comments. Isn't it redundant to own both? If you have to choose only one, which one? keep in mind that price and availability is top priority. thanks

Given your top priority, buy a TGLB direct from Busse. You'll get the colors you want and won't have to wait for one to come up on the secondary market.

The NMSFNO doesn't have a top guard, so it has that going for it. ;) I had an NMSFNO and sold it, didn't like the way it balanced in my hand (tip heavy) and the edge was too thick for delicate tasks. I much preferred the Sarsquatch in that size range.

Greetings,

I don't have any hands on experience w/ the TG, but after a couple decades of searching for my idea of the best all-around mid/large hard-use field knife, I have chosen the NMSFNO as my go-to blade. I carry in a SpecOps sheath paired with a small folder (with a couple other items). For me, I would be hard pressed to come up with a better 'serious' do-it all rig.

YMMV.
BOSS

Thanks for the comments. Isn't it redundant to own both? If you have to choose only one, which one? keep in mind that price and availability is top priority. thanks

No, it is not. Here is what I did: 1) bought NMSFNO 2) bought the TGLB :D

Greetings,

I don't have any hands on experience w/ the TG, but after a couple decades of searching for my idea of the best all-around mid/large hard-use field knife, I have chosen the NMSFNO as my go-to blade. I carry in a SpecOps sheath paired with a small folder (with a couple other items). For me, I would be hard pressed to come up with a better 'serious' do-it all rig.

YMMV.
BOSS

That's a nice set up you got there BOSS.
Thanks for all the comments. I've settle and ordered the TGLG. The tipping point in my decision is that i can order it directly from Busse. Thanks again.

That's a nice set up you got there BOSS.
Thanks for all the comments. I've settle and ordered the TGLG. The tipping point in my decision is that i can order it directly from Busse. Thanks again.

What colors did you pick?!?! ;)

I'd vote for the NMSFNO, especially with hand shaped grips -- it simply fits my hand better. One of the best things about attending a show is that you can hold a knife before deciding whether it's the right one for you.

I've never handled the NMSFNO but my TGLB is by far the best blade from any manufacturer that I've held to date. You'll be really happy with it. Post up some shots of it when it arrives.

Pictures will follow when i get it. Unfortunately i have not had a chance to hold any Busse knives. It's kind of annoying that these Busse knives are not more easily accessible. It's almost to the point of price gouging if you want one NOW.

Congrats on your order. Holding a Busse is unlike holding any other knife. You just know its built to last.

I'd vote for the NMSFNO, especially with hand shaped grips -- it simply fits my hand better. One of the best things about attending a show is that you can hold a knife before deciding whether it's the right one for you.

Last year, at about this time, I had to make the same decision. NMSFNO or TGLB? The TGLB were being offered on the site. I searched the "pre-owned" option for a NMSFNO, but they were either not exactly what I wanted or priced at a premium. So I chose option #3 and contacted Garth at the Custom Shop. As luck would have it, there were still NMSFNO blanks available so I had one made exactly the way I wanted it (satin blade, hand-smoothed micarta, etc.,). A few weeks later, it showed up at my door. Too easy. Garth really came through for me.

nmsfno1.jpg

Now that is one of those feel good stories that they should have on the Life Time Network. :D

Back