No 34 - Inspired By Krangle's "Mini Blue"

Not in the same league at all, but Krangle got me going on little knives and this is what popped out.

Overall 3 1/2"
Blade O1 2" long
Scales are Horn, in person very pretty and transluscent
Mosaic Pins from TKS

Even with the crappy pic seeing it up close like this you can really appreciate the need for a loupe when doing mirror polish...I couldn't see all those little scratches even with my reading glasses! :rolleyes: Back to the wheel...

Attachments

• bf34.jpg
    bf34.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 163
Cute little knife Dave. I expect it was a pain to frind. I have to work just as hard or harder on the little ones as the giants. Mirror polish is always difficult for me. I've only done one that I was satisfied with.:eek:

That's a nice little package Dave! I think Peter is right, the small knives are just as hard or harder to work on than larger knives, not to mention I'm alway's misplacing the blades when I'm working on them!
I haven't tried one that small yet. When I'm done with the small knives I'm working on I'm going to the opposite extreme and work on some bowie sized blades!

I like it Dave, I'm into small knives. About 14 years ago I had a little knife made by Tekna that hung upside down on my belt. I worked in a hardware store and always needed a knife for something. It was very convenient but it was always falling out and I eventually lost it. That's what inspired me to make small ones, about 4.5".

For your mirror polish, have you ever tried Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish? It works for me to get out the fine scratches, but it's a little messy.
Joe

What a neat little fellow. I'm working on a small one myself right now.4½ inches overall. It's done, but just like you I found a few small scratches when looking at it in really sharp light. I'll post a link when I'm satisfied :D

A very cool looking little knife, Dave. It indeed, looks
like it was hard to grind. Looks like you did a great job,
however.

Great little knife my mate uses his of cuts of damascus which goes wrong to make smaller knives. He puts them in a small key ring sheath
and markets them at shows for people who don't have fingernails to open plastic and boxes. He allways sells a couple even when his high priced full size knives don't. Covers travel etc.

Keep up the good works

Actually it wasn't all that hard to grind though I had, as always, a bit of a fit getting the plunges to match. They almost do... I made a small sheath for it using 8 oz leather for the welt and 3 oz for the sides; it's light, small and tight, and it rides nicely in my pocket. This knife is no worse to carry than my Hubie was. Its first job was zipping open a package of Nutter Butter cookies, and it performed like a champ. :D

Dave

Back