No Assist Barrages

I did see one of these for sale once. BM 780

BM780.jpg

Easy to deassist and you'll be amazed at how fast it flies open with a little push on the thumbstud.

I did the deassist over the weekend. Amazing. Lightning fast and the blade is perfectly balanced for the thumbstud. Best part is with quick flip of the Axis you can flip it back in just as quick. I have a combo blade but I've sent it to BMK for a $25 new standard blade... Favorite knife when I comes back I think

I finally broke down and de-assisted my Volli as well (did the 581 a month ago or so).

I always pull them apart and clean/lube but I've started polishing the washers with a strop and have perfected the adjusted/lubed/polished pivot to the point of opening/closing like it's on a well-adjusted hydrolic arm. I can pull back the axis lock and let it fall at a perfectly timed controlled pace into closed position.

Ok I just got the 585 and I'm very impress by it very nice knife size is perfect for my edc . I like the assited opening snap open nicely . But closing is just to hard for me to do one hand . I'm use to my mini grip snap open and snap close . Question if I d-assite my 585 and on of the omega spring brakes later on will benchmade fix it ?

Benchmade's policy is if the knife is taken apart outside of the factory it voids the warranty. (So you may be charged a fee for the work.) I own a number of Barrage models and have no problem closing them either two-handed or on the leg of my jeans.

Yep. I also de-assisted my satin blade Volli. It is insanely fast and smooth. I left my black coated one assisted. The sprung 581 as well as the Volli are easy to close one handed. As described above.

Back