NO Dual Thumb-Studs...RATS!!

glockman99

RIP Dann, you were a good guy.
I just got off the phone with Bob Taylor at REKAT, where I was looking to purchase a couple sets of dual (ambidextrious) thumb-studs to install on two of my REKAT Carnivour Cubs, and I was told that there are NO "extras" to purchase, and WON'T be ANY in the future, either.:(.

Damn, now I feel sick to my stomach...:(.:barf:.:(.

wow glockman i feel your pain, ya have been trying to get those things as long as i can remember - he outta give ya a set.....

sifu

No kidding!.:rolleyes:. It's kind of a bummer that REKAT has no thumb-studs that they can sell to me! The Carnivour Cub SHOULD come WITH dual thumb-studs installed, from the "factory", anyway, like most other "tactical" folders...

Note: I have edited-out some comments that were made in haste.

Quite frankly, Rekat as a company just does not appear to have their sh*t together. Lots of their knives are plagued with QC problems, their website has been awol for how long now?, and their participation on their own forum has been close to non-existent. The only folder of theirs I still have is my pioneer II because I just can't bear to part with it.

That being said, I WILL buy another Sifu, if and when they get all the bugs worked out in their production. Until that happens though, rekat will not get my business.

Sorry if I ruffled anyone's feathers guys, but I call 'em like I see 'em. Having a Sifu fold up on you and almost cut your fingers off will kinda alter your viewpoint a little! :eek:

I've also got to give credit to rekat for having some of the best knife designs in the business (the sifu is just unbelievable!), and great customer service.

I just wish that I could buy a rekat without having to inspect it first...

Dual thumb-studs from REKAT???...I guess it just ain't gonna happen :(, BUT at least I work at a College that has a great Machinist Vocational Training Program, and I was able to talk the instructor in making me a couple sets of over-sized (440 stainless) dual thumb-studs (to install on my 2 REKAT Sifus), so I'll have the "stock" dual thumb-studs from the 2 Sifus to install on my 2 Carnivour Cubs.:).

It's just a shame that REKAT doesn't "go the extra mile" for their faithful customer(s).:(.

Back