• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

No feedback good or bad wth ?

My stance is simple - The current requirements of the feedback system are in direct conflict with my choices as a member here; so I don't utilize it.

IF you post in one of my ads, we're off to a bad start. If I were to continue with the sale, it wouldn't be because you want feedback...and I likely wouldn't leave any (why reward you for failing to follow simple instructions?). I know I sound like a jerk saying that; but my ads include 2 requests not to post in them, plus a statement that I probably won't sell to one who does - so I feel I've made my position as clear as I can.
I understand that people may choose not to purchase from me because of my approach; and I accept it as a consequence of doing things differently. Bottom line is I'm not here to sell - I dislike sales, and I don't post ads frequently (or for very long) - so I don't worry about it. If I were to suddenly NEED to sell, I would likely do it elsewhere.

I appreciate the direct and fairly consistent response on it they are your sales to run as you see fit withing the forums rules. I am not attacking you for it so it is as I said just trying to get as much detail to understand your thoughts. The fact you point out the why reward for failure to follow highlights a very understandable piece of the process. I use myself for it as I make a fitting example as any exchange I am a part of I do want to get feedback as I have low feedback at this time. If you had something I wanted at a price I can do I wouldn't give any additional pause due to your requirements. I expect I might gloss over details and end up posting in the thread because of the strike fast nature I have often seen on these forums.

hhmoore,

Not saying this to be obstinate, but have you ever considered just locking the thread? I believe you can do that as the author and it would save the frustration over those who don’t thoroughly read all the information.

Winston

have you ever considered just locking the thread?
Of course I have; and I continue to try it periodically. As previously mentioned, locking the ad is pretty much a guarantee that the item won't sell. It gets minimal views, even when putting Still Available or other indicators in the title. When I try that course, instead of my usual post "warnings", I include wording that the post is locked to prevent posts, and the item should be considered available unless the title has been edited to reflect otherwise.

it would save the frustration over those who don’t thoroughly read all the information.
It does do that...but I haven't found it to be an effective sales option

Of course I have; and I continue to try it periodically.

Fair enough, I hope you know I wasn't trying to drive your bus or tell you how to sell, just thought it might help with the reading comprehensively challenged here going forward on the off chance you weren't aware of that option. Good luck in the future...

Winston

I figured that bold red letters being the first thing in the ad might help get the point across - and, in fairness, it usually does - but I guess there will always be some people that scroll right to the pictures and never bother to go back to the words

Feedback is what we all , at least most of us are proud of. It also builds a persons character and trustworthiness. IMO one should not have to send reminders although this might work well. It is not a honorary to receive positive feedback and not to post the same. I do not wish to ruffle any ones feathers here but I feel some are to lazy, do not care, or just happy to get their knife.

I've made several buys on this forum and per instructions in thread I have followed and instant payments I have given as soon as seller responds. I have left feedback as soon as I received products, all so far have been positive. That being said I have only received 2 feedbacks.......I know many use this as a source to see how reliable you are so it would only be fair to pay it forward in my opinion.

Back