No Kershaw Speed-Safe knives in MI.

:confused:
I am a small antique knife dealer(shows)in Mi. I thought about selling Speed-Safe knives. I contacted Kershaw because I saw ad
in a cat. No sales in Mi.Got a email back from Jeff Goddard National Sales Manager. It said.
"Yes there has been a DA in Kent County that made some noise about our Speed-Safe mechanism. We looked into MI law a little harder and noticed he could be right. You can check yourself, but we have decided not to ship into your State.
All of our wholesalers know this and should not ship there either. Sorry"
I would think they would at least try. I know a lot of people who carry this knife. They need to stand behind the knife user.

The problem is with MI law and the District Attorney mentioned. Kershaw is right to obey the law, but if you disagree with the law and/or how it is enforced, remember that voters ultimately control that. Be sure to be at the polls on election day.

Lurker
I agree Mi. law and the DA is part of the problem. Another problem is our AG Jennifer Granholm (very anti gun)will not give a legal opinion
to a individual, so unless someone challenges the DA it will never be resolved. There were a lot of Speed-Safe knives sold in Mi.I would think the maker of the knives would not leave all the folks who purchased their knives in limbo. To me that is not good customer support.The knives were purchased in good faith.By the way I am a certified firearms instructor for the new CCW law in MI. We became a Shall Issue State July 1 2001. I asked my Prosecuting Attorney(he has to give some of the legal parts of the class) about my Speed-Safe and he thought it was O.K.
I will be at the polls on election day casting a vote for myself for County Commissioner for District 1

Back