noice one bruce - new BK02 and BK13 and BK11 micartas

Bladite

ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb
well, i wanted the new gen2 BK02 with new sheath, and got one... looks really good. nice and clean and refined. yah.

while i was at it, a new US made BK13, while i have many china made ones, none of the gen2 models. fixed! i like the bead dry affect.

and while i was at it, got a couple sets of BK11 micarta. apparently my order was delayed a week, due to er, uhm, faulty sets of micarta... alignment/missing holes or two rights or two lefts... so the vendor had to hand sort all the good ones out. so it goes. little bugs. will be dealt with i'm sure.

pictures later perhaps... or not. we know what this stuff looks like, eh? :)

#

ETA: OH NOES - BOTH sets of micarta, one very blonde, one with some kinda texture/stripe effect... well, they're bad ones. yikes. oh well.

bad you're asking? well... what does this mean?

o each of the micarta halves are precisely CNCed to fit into the cutouts on the BK11... not just *over* like slabs. once they are inserted and locked down, they WILL NOT move...

o however, such precise fit, requires very precise CNC... so, while the slabs i have do fit into the cutouts with some tapping - VERY tight, so that's good...

o once IN, they are no longer flush with the top or bottom edge...

o AND as a result, the holes are not aligned EITHER.

o i believe that off the knife, one can line the holes up, will have to test that, but it matters not, as they are not aligned when installed.

oops. waited a week+ for these. rats.

will call the TOOOoooOOOJ and/or the Ethan later, get good ones, life goes on.

took out the BK13... not too shabby. bit of a slight offness to the tip grind (not a smooth belly, there's a dip), looks like a stone wash surface on the hollow ground section, and a very fine grinding there... the edge is a bit rougher looking, but some 400->800 grit sandpaper should polish that out. good sharp working edge. sheath is good. the supplied string is seems a bit short, but perhaps is useful as a "pull" or something - not sure what else to do with it such a string.

as to the chinese models that i have; oddly enough, while different in finish, they have flawless edge grinds and belly shape. mmm. perhaps i have a "Friday"...

extra smokey packaging and filler and ... gunna air these on the porch tonite ;)

Bladite

Last edited:
it's a shame the light is terrible right now ;) gotta wait.

Bladite

it's a shame the light is terrible right now ;) gotta wait.

Bladite

Becker stealth photography. I caught this one trying to sneak out for some after hours battoning! :D (took some manipulation to reveal the deed)

IMG_0239a.jpg

(yes, i have no life)

Becker stealth photography. I caught this one trying to sneak out for some after hours battoning! :D (took some manipulation to reveal the deed)

IMG_0239a.jpg

(yes, i have no life)

hah.

also, i've updated my post with a RED LETTER section of SHAME.

the micarta i got is bad. gunna have to new get stuff.

Bladite

Well tomorrow, when there's light, you should take some pictures to illustrate what you're talking about.

I'm sure Ethan and Toooj will fix you up.

Well tomorrow, when there's light, you should take some pictures to illustrate what you're talking about.

I'm sure Ethan and Toooj will fix you up.

I'll see what I can do... I've already repackaged the micarta though, and am not inclined to fiddle with it.

Bladite

just an update: i sent my misaligned micarta back to Toooj/KaBar - turned out some of their machines produced a bad batch, and not too long later, two sets of scales showed up...

they are PERFECTION. they really make the necker into a whole new knife. wow.

so, if you're willing to spend the $$$, it's like having something new all over again, the feel is fantastic. not that you know, i'm a Becker Fan Boy or anything (i'm the President ;>)

Bladite

just an update: i sent my misaligned micarta back to Toooj/KaBar - turned out some of their machines produced a bad batch, and not too long later, two sets of scales showed up...

they are PERFECTION. they really make the necker into a whole new knife. wow.

so, if you're willing to spend the $$$, it's like having something new all over again, the feel is fantastic. not that you know, i'm a Becker Fan Boy or anything (i'm the President ;>)

Bladite

If you're not a fanboy, I don't know who is.

Quick question. The new BK13, Is it a little bigger and beefier then the china one? I seen the new one on youtube quickly and it just looked bigger and beefier for some reason.

Back