noise dampening for tooling

You are welcome. :)

I think there are two versions of that setter, the other one is a little less expensive and one less setter. Probably the one I should have gotten as I dont do glove snaps.

My son in-law makes concrete counter tops for kitchens gave me one 8 ft long 24'' wide 2'' thick about 250 lbs works really good

All hobbies now days start costing an arm and a leg. If all else fails and the budget is tight, buy the wife a set of earplugs. LOL

All hobbies now days start costing an arm and a leg. If all else fails and the budget is tight, buy the wife a set of earplugs. LOL
So true. Actually I used my cement garage floor when I was learning to stamp. Alternatively you could try a teenagers head. Not much harder or more dense than that. ;)

My son in-law makes concrete counter tops for kitchens gave me one 8 ft long 24'' wide 2'' thick about 250 lbs works really good
Nice!! I've worked on concrete before and its wonderful for impact absorption. I got one of those chemistry lab counter tops a while back, but its huge! The density of the material ought to be nice, but its so big I dont know what to build under it.
So true. Actually I used my cement garage floor when I was learning to stamp. Alternatively you could try a teenagers head. Not much harder or more dense than that. ;)
I can vouch for that, my daughters head ranks at about quartz in the hardness range. :p

Got a feedback from a stone mason.
30*30cm at least 5cm thick will cost 40€, so I guess I will go for that.

A little pricey but not bad if its finished smooth on at least one side. :)

I have had a few with broken corners that have worked very well for me but not for the mason. worth an ask. If he cant use it maybe you can,

I totally forgot to mention it, I got a stone.
From another mason, 25*35cm and 5cm thick. Not the biggest, but sufficient and still portable. And he only wanted 10€ since it was his scrap.

Wow! Thats nice!! And what a price! :D

That reminds me, I wanted to visit the memorial mason soon to see if he had a classic shaped grave stone, the old arched "boot hill" type. Yea, I'm that kind of thinker. :p

Pretty cool stuff there Vile, and one sheath maker told me to always avoid marble it tends to crack way to easy, granite is the stuff for sure!
G2

Back