Northfield Knife Company

Looked it up on Google Maps. Traveling northwest on Northfield Rd. you hang a right on Knife Shop Rd. Knife Shop Rd. loops around counterclockwise, crosses Northfield Rd. again and becomes...Main Street.

If I had a Hilux...

xDZsQdV.png

RG58iWB.png

(Name that movie.) :D

That's easy, here is one of the first scenes in the movie.
Name the guy second from the left
latest

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost.

(Name that movie.) :D :D

Alright, we really should stop getting off topic here. :D

I have a few Northfield knives (all GEC productions, of course). Here are a few of 'em.

2o5rzCu.jpg

I'd love to see some of the knives made at the factory mentioned in the article. Does anybody have any original Northfields?

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost.

(Name that movie.) :D :D

Alright, we really should stop getting off topic here. :D

I have a few Northfield knives (all GEC productions, of course). Here are a few of 'em.

2o5rzCu.jpg

I'd love to see some of the knives made at the factory mentioned in the article. Does anybody have any original Northfields?
Never keep your back turned to someone wearing a rain jacket inside an apartment, he may just have a nice shiny new axe.

I agree, lets see some original Northfields.

I live about 30 minutes from there. I guess I'll have to go check it out. Knife Shop Rd is a fairly common street name around here.--KV

Hey kvaughn! I live fairly close too and was thinking of checking it out as well. Especially since an article i read says there are articles of note to be found..such as old knife blades and such.
The company there apparently had a niche making knives with cast iron handles fot a spell. Sure would like to see one of those.

Swell Center Whittler c.1858-1876
neXmsNW.jpg

Senator Pen c.1858-1876
MuejQ5Q.jpg

Dogleg Jack c.1876-1919
zTvKcBn.jpg

K29W36T.jpg

T62bfjh.jpg

C0GDuST.jpg

Charles Platts was the long-time superintendent of Northfield Knife Company. Platts is a name to know... He and his sons later worked for J.B.F Champlin at Cattaraugus Cutlery (1893-1896). His son, H. N. Platts, met and married Debbie Case (Russell Case's sister) during this period. Charles and his sons would later start C. Platts & Sons Cutlery in Gowanda, NY and ultimately relocated to Eldred, PA. H.N. Platts and Russell Case founded W.R. Case & Sons in 1904 in Little Valley, NY. In 1911, due to health issues (grinder's consumption), H.N. sold his interest in W.R. Case & Sons and moved out West and started Western States Cutlery in Boulder, CO.

latest
That was Hughey Lewis of the news, if memory serves. Michael J Fox was too loud to play the prom in the present day. Back to the Future.

latest
Huey Lewis. Did not have to Google it, I recognized him. ---- and did not see that someone already answered.

Knife content: My favorite Northfield that I actually carry:
7NecdE7.jpg

My favorite Northfield that I do not actually carry:
1ZcwTed.jpg

Back