not getting my hopes up but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I realize that no words I write in this forum are going to make the knifes get here any faster. I do however think it's important to bring to light serious manufacturing problems we have all been witness to in the past few months.

What serious manufacturing problems would those be?

I believe that DPX should seriously re-evaluate whether or not they should continue doing business with a company that can't deliver quality products in a timely manner.*

Randal knives have a five year waiting list. Yet people continue to purchase their quality products. Sure they could probably make things faster, but at what cost? Sacrificing quality and reputation to make a quick buck sounds like a bad idea to me! I'm glad LionSteel will not make a similar compromise to their products for short term revenue gains.

How can I, the customer, have faith in a knife that has to perform when it counts, when the person making it has proven time and time again they cannot perform under the same pressure.

Do you not see that LionSteel will not fold under the pressure? That gives me even more faith in their product!

Deadlines are a part of business and if you can't meet your deadlines then I suggest you consider another line of work. The origin of the word deadline refers to the line around a prison, if crossed, the prisoner should expect to be shot and killed. Unfortunately when deadlines are missed in business we can't carry out the same sentence.

Violence is never the answer. How would killing the person that is making something for you increase production efficiency?

For me this will be the last product I purchase that lion is behind, you may say "good riddance" but believe me when I say I will let every person I talk to know what a horrible purchasing experience this has been. The power of "word of mouth" is highly underestimated.

Adios mofos!

What makes this such a bad purchasing experience? Did somebody steal your money? Were you mislead as to the product you would be getting?

Its just taking a little longer to get the product. What is it with the whole instant gratification thing?

"RYP if you take either of my LEs out of the box I want to immediatley be reimbursed for the depreciation"

Every DPx Gear knife...guaranteed USED...:))

That should actually make it worth more, every one will have RYP's finger prints on it. I'm putting mine into a fish tank with super glue, find the finger prints and laminating over them. Come time to resell I will make a killing.

"RYP if you take either of my LEs out of the box I want to immediatley be reimbursed for the depreciation"

My thoughts exactly. I took a short break when I quit collecting kershaw. I came back after a divorce because I found more free time and wanted to learn about things I thought I knew. Since I have been back I have sold or traded most items in my safe that I didn't plan on using for items I will use and become better with. Tools, knives, gear or guns. I like to buy right the first time. My step dad once told me he was too poor to buy cheap. I agree. I own esee and Dpx because they work and are affordable, on top of that if they did fail there is a warranty that backs them. I don't want any compromise when it comes to quality that would effect how the item should work/function. I do however dislike getting on bladeforums to only read posts from trolls complaining about something that is not on just one company. 3 companies were involved, one removed themself (jointly) and there are still other factors that may still delay a guaranteed delivery date. I'm ok with that, so are most others. It's a part of life it happens. Get over it and your whining. To me all that has happened have been small set backs. Great example on esee forum today with the esee3 folder. Atleast the hest/f is here on our turf and will be held by us soon. Pull your panties out of a bunch people, we still have 11 months before 2012!!

Haha! That is awesome! No mint knives around here

Guess I overlooked the asshat that made that remark...damn iPhone takes too long to type. I miss pages by the time I post once

Hell this should help the users get knives, since the mall ninja/troll crowd will have wind on how shitty these knives are.

Originally Posted by Reflexred
For me this will be the last product I purchase that lion is behind, you may say "good riddance" but believe me when I say I will let every person I talk to know what a horrible purchasing experience this has been. The power of "word of mouth" is highly underestimated.

Adios mofos!

From what you have said so far your word of mouth is like a bark from a pitbull and backing it up with the ass of a minature pincher.

Guess I overlooked the asshat that made that remark...damn iPhone takes too long to type. I miss pages by the time I post once

Actually I'm pretty sure David66 was just kidding, although with all of the whining going on here lately your mistake is completely understandable.

The DPx gear forum always delivers when it comes to entertainment!
Knives on the other hand....

(joke)

Last edited:
I just don't get how he is still going to buy a knife when he says there are so many problems with it.:confused:

This brings up a good point. What is the sweet spot? Is it a $700 hand made or a $15 dollar WalMart blisterpack? Is it a $450 Strider or a $90 dollar Benchmade? DPx Gear is that zone where a product is hand made, shows the attention of a series of craftsmen and has a logical place in place and time. It must have a personality (which some will like it and some will not) and it must be affordable to fans who earn a normal paycheck.

Its must be available enough to meet a unique market segment but not available enough to require mass production. My thought is that a knife should also retain its value in the secondary market and not have any appreciable wear after a good period of usage. Making it a "heirloom" quality product for the next generation. And I guess it must also have the hand of the owner it its every feature, so that when you use it you notice that it does certain things really well in specific conditions. I will guarantee that when you start using the DPx HEST you are going to enjoy the feel, texture, sound, materials and ergonomics. That's why I am happy to provide a no questions asked warranty.

A lot of people point out the problems in getting to that point but they are essentially linked to finding the right number to meet the correct number of people. We could do 100 knives or a million knives. But we are only doing a number just under the total number of people who want this knife badly. That's why when we hear DPx HEST Folder owners who are complaining, we WANT them out of the tribe. They dont' get it. They don't want it and just like the deaf guy that can't dance at the party, they don't add anything to the culture.

Well said.

This brings up a good point. What is the sweet spot? Is it a $700 hand made or a $15 dollar WalMart blisterpack? Is it a $450 Strider or a $90 dollar Benchmade? DPx Gear is that zone where a product is hand made, shows the attention of a series of craftsmen and has a logical place in place and time. It must have a personality (which some will like it and some will not) and it must be affordable to fans who earn a normal paycheck.

Its must be available enough to meet a unique market segment but not available enough to require mass production. My thought is that a knife should also retain its value in the secondary market and not have any appreciable wear after a good period of usage. Making it a "heirloom" quality product for the next generation. And I guess it must also have the hand of the owner it its every feature, so that when you use it you notice that it does certain things really well in specific conditions. I will guarantee that when you start using the DPx HEST you are going to enjoy the feel, texture, sound, materials and ergonomics. That's why I am happy to provide a no questions asked warranty.

A lot of people point out the problems in getting to that point but they are essentially linked to finding the right number to meet the correct number of people. We could do 100 knives or a million knives. But we are only doing a number just under the total number of people who want this knife badly. That's why when we hear DPx HEST Folder owners who are complaining, we WANT them out of the tribe. They dont' get it. They don't want it and just like the deaf guy that can't dance at the party, they don't add anything to the culture.

All you fan boys really crack me up. I'm not sure what a troll is but I started posting in this forum when I started looking into RYP's knife. I'm sorry if all my posts have been negative but so far I really haven't seen anything to make me say something positive outside of a few pictures and a couple you tube vids. I am simply calling into question the business practices of the manufacturer mainly their delivery issues. I think it's really great that you all are so loyal to both parties involved, maybe I will find the same loyalty once I have the chance to actually use their product.*

Back to my point about poor business practices, insulting your new customers by comparing them to dogs or calling their comments gay, in a public forum I would say is immature and a bad choice of place and time. Let's be honest here, outside of making cool tools and survival gear, you are in this to make money, otherwise you would give them away for free. If this is the customer service you give I would not count on repeat buyers. You may choose to delete this post or kick me out of the forum, but you had to expect that there would be quite a few "whiners" & "trolls" when we keep getting told "just a bit longer". For the record I will be happy to eat my words once the manufacturer provides a reasonable delivery date and actually sticks to it.*

I fully understand what quality is and that is why I started down the path to purchase this knife. I appreciate your efforts to provide a quality knife at a reasonable price, again that is why I want to purchase this knife, *I just did not expect to keep getting told one thing and seeing another. It's frustrating to me and quite a few other people interested in your product. I don't want to be part of your tribe and never claimed to add anything to the culture. I am simply a frustrated customer trying to give you some of my hard earned money.

Must be frustrating to his clan of mall ninjas...Sorry the abercrombie & fitch super limited edition will not be released until feburary 29, 2011.. Better luck next time! Maybe he will do a speacial run next non-leap year for your trolling minions..

redreflex.

With all due respect remember that if you were talking to me in person you would have snot and blood coming out of both sides of your face. The internet does not protect you from the boogeyman.

Don't make shit up. And then say stupid things about the stupid things you made up.

Remember we/I can always find you. That's my speciality. Hunting down people. Even customers who want refunds. :)

If you want to give me an opinion or an idea, a funny idea or response it will be always respected and accepted. If you want to slag off products or people without any proof or experience. It will not stand.

If you make shit up and then talk shit about it. You will bleed and cry. Even if its only internet blood and snot.

Enjoy :)

RYP

redreflex.

With all due respect remember that if you were talking to me in person you would have snot and blood coming out of both sides of your face. The internet does not protect you from the boogeyman.

Don't make shit up. And then say stupid things about the stupid things you made up.

Remember we/I can always find you. That's my speciality. Hunting down people. Even customers who want refunds. :)

If you want to give me an opinion or an idea, a funny idea or response it will be always respected and accepted. If you want to slag off products or people without any proof or experience. It will not stand.

If you make shit up and then talk shit about it. You will bleed and cry. Even if its only internet blood and snot.

RYP

WOW!! Tell him how ya really feel.

How many of those Titanium bottle openers have you tested...lol

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Reflexred, I asked you some very concise and direct questions and you have failed to answer them. I can understand your frustration when waiting for a product that you eagerly want. You want to vent and this is a logical place to do so.

However, your prejudice towards LionSteel and DPx Gear astounds me. How you can you make any such assertions, positive or negative, when you admittedly have never owned a DPx or LionSteel product? Futhermore, when you understand that this is the first major product of a company that didn't fully exist two months ago?

Sometimes when people throw you a bone, they don't want to know if it tastes good or not.

redreflex.

RYP

Hell yeah!!! I nominate this for the best quote EVER on Blade Forums!:D

Wow, obviously you havent been around quite long enough. Try pre-ordering a Benchmade and waiting 9 months after the 2nd or 3rd promised date before you actually get the knife. With absolutely ZERO information from the maker other than "delayed again".

RYP is here in the forum with us. Most makers (outside of the few here on Blade Forums) don't even go that far.

Your comments here totally out of line, and in my book trolling. You are looking to make trouble, nothing more. If this were my forum, you would be banned and whatever monies you've paid would be refunded.

My 2 cents.

All you fan boys really crack me up. I'm not sure what a troll is but I started posting in this forum when I started looking into RYP's knife. I'm sorry if all my posts have been negative but so far I really haven't seen anything to make me say something positive outside of a few pictures and a couple you tube vids. I am simply calling into question the business practices of the manufacturer mainly their delivery issues. I think it's really great that you all are so loyal to both parties involved, maybe I will find the same loyalty once I have the chance to actually use their product.*

Back to my point about poor business practices, insulting your new customers by comparing them to dogs or calling their comments gay, in a public forum I would say is immature and a bad choice of place and time. Let's be honest here, outside of making cool tools and survival gear, you are in this to make money, otherwise you would give them away for free. If this is the customer service you give I would not count on repeat buyers. You may choose to delete this post or kick me out of the forum, but you had to expect that there would be quite a few "whiners" & "trolls" when we keep getting told "just a bit longer". For the record I will be happy to eat my words once the manufacturer provides a reasonable delivery date and actually sticks to it.*

I fully understand what quality is and that is why I started down the path to purchase this knife. I appreciate your efforts to provide a quality knife at a reasonable price, again that is why I want to purchase this knife, *I just did not expect to keep getting told one thing and seeing another. It's frustrating to me and quite a few other people interested in your product. I don't want to be part of your tribe and never claimed to add anything to the culture. I am simply a frustrated customer trying to give you some of my hard earned money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back